Pages

Sunday 30 May 2010

Flu Flu Flu

Well, it's just a normal, ordinary flu. It has been quite a long time since I had my last flu. Probably around 6 months ago.

The whole family was in the pink of health until Syafiq came back, bringing the flu virus from UIA together with him. No, it's not his fault. I'm not blaming him at all, though this sentence might have implied that.
So right now I'm in the living room, typing this blog post with my brother by my side, watching 'Meet the Robinsons' on Disney Channel.


Speaking of 'Meet the Robinsons', it is one of my favourite Disney movies. It's very inspiring. To think that you have a really bright future in front of you when you least expect it. When troubles come, you are feeling morose, feels like everything is a mess, that you're hopeless, stupid to have made such silly mistakes, feels like there'll be no happy ending for you, but really, all you have to do is to just keep moving forward. Whenever I'm feeling down, I cheered myself up by watching this movie. And other inspirational Japanese Dramas. Dragon Zakura/God of Study, Gokusen, to name a few. And the theme song to the movie 'Little Wonders'. Everyone's been saying that it's inspirational as well but I don't really understand it. So when I'm feeling down, I'll listen to that song, trying to understand each words, sentences, trying to grasp the meanings behind the song. And each time, I interpreted the song differently. Reading inspirational quotes can make you feel better too.

Speaking of the flu. Yes, sangat menyeksakan. The nose milk kept on dripping from my nostrils, flowing at high speed, quite similar to when you turn on the water tap of the water cooler in Zainab College. :P
So right now I've been drinking more than 6 glasses of HOT water. Yes, you heard it right. HOT, not warm, not lukewarm. H-O-T HOT! And taking panadol. Vitamin C. Ubat selesema a.k.a ubat tido.Tonight I'm going to cover my wholeself with the thick warm snuggly comforter and turned off the fan to allow myself to perspire.

Speaking of my preparation before going to main camp. I don't need to buy any more new clothes. My baju kurungs from CFS are still in good condition. I'll just have to buy the toiletries and the washing detergent. Get prepared for the placement tests that will be conducted there, huhu.
And I have to finish revising 'Organic Chemistry' before going to main camp. Let's look at the subjects that I'm going to take on the first semester.

Introduction to Pharmacy, Philosophy & History -2 credit hours
Anatomy and Histology-2 credit hours
Fundamental of Physiology-3 credit hours
Pharmacy Practice 1-3 credit hours
 Organic Chemistry -4 Credit hours


And my brother Syafiq had just changed his programme from engineering to architecture. Let's pray that he'll become Malaysia's own Frank Lloyd Wright, insya-Allah. I almost typed Andrew Lloyd Webber, LOL.
My parents are really supportive. They're not the kind of parents who put a whole lot pressure to their children, forcing them to take courses that they have no interest in.They even supported our interests in some other things. For example, we siblings love music. He bought a guitar for my bro and sis to play with and he bought a keyboard for me to play songs and created my own. (Not to brag or what).  Both mom and dad supported my dreams to become movie director and a writer. When I won 2nd place for the short movie competition, the whole family kept on watching the movie over and over again though it's nothing. I mean, it's just a simple movie, and just a small competition, and yet they are ecstatic. My dad keep of saying that my friends are great actors and I am a good director. I'm touched. They may not be the perfect parents, but they are, the perfect parents for me and my siblings.

 I pitied some of my friends who are forced by their parents to take Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, etc. But then of course, parents know the best for their children. We couldn't blame the parents. As we grow older, we will finally realised that we did the right thing, following our parents advices. Being young and rebellious, we will get angry with them, frustrated with them for not being able to understand our dreams, passions in other stuffs. But we may like what is bad for us and we may dislike what is good for us. But Allah knows what is good for us and we do not. But that doesn't mean that we should throw our dreams away. Remember those students from 'High School Musical'? each of them have their own secret dreams but everyone kept on saying 'stick to the status quo'.
Like, whatever. Irrelevant.

We're going to Singapore next week as it's school holidays. We're going to hold a tahlil for my 'arwah nekwan and tokwan' and a kenduri arwah. My mum, aunts and uncles are still trying to cope with their life, with her no longer in our lives. But life must go on. We must keep on moving forward.
That's all from me. Judge this entry all you want, about playing the music and all but this is a post true from my heart and I musn't be ashamed of my own interests and passions. It's been quite a long time since I've written something like this. It must be because of the flu.

No comments: