Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Spirited Away


I watched this 9 years ago. T___T. My uncle's.
And I bought the same thing yesterday for RM10.90. DVD. I bought it from the CD-Rama section in Popular Bookstore because I couldn't find any in the CD shops. (Including Speedy)
And I watched it twice already. I love the soundtrack, I love the plots, I love the characters, I love Chihiro, Kamajii, Haku, I love EVERYTHING in it (except the pig parts-agree with Julia here).

So, I'm gonna buy this pulak.


A compilation of Studio Ghibli's EIGHTEEN award winning animes! EIGHTEEN! Yes, EIGHTEEN!
This cover's ugly. I found better looking cover in Speedy. And it's in half price some more. In. Speedy. In Sungai Petani. This place is pathetic because there's only ONE SPEEDY shop available here. Anyone from Sungai Petani, don't buy this. It's already RESERVED for me, okay! :P

It's worth it, I tell you. Studio Ghibli produced the best animations ever in Japan. Even the Pixar's creators watched Studio Ghibli's movies to seek new ideas for their upcoming movies! In Kisarazu Cat's Eye, those two guys cried watching a Studio Ghibli animation.

Enough already. I'm so gonna buy this. Full stop.

12 comments:

Dasuki D5T7 said...

9 years ago?
that long..omg..me too..

they dont even have dominos pizza at sungai petani!

do stay there?
at sg. petani..

Sarah said...

Tu la...instead, Sungai Petani ada banyak sgt Tesco. Okay, two. But one is enough! We need more McD's (there's only one in Central Square).
We need Wendy's, Domino's! And I really want IKEA..:(

Yes, I'm still living in Sungai Petani. And I'm lovin' it, LOL, despite the lack of fast-food chains and other facilities. T______________T

Dasuki D5T7 said...

2 tesco,
sp plaza...village mall..and what else..econsave..did i miss anytin..
visited it not long ago..
if i were to visit it again,
any recomnedations on what should i look for?

Sarah said...

2 tesco, a Giant XD, an econsave, Central Square, Sp Plaza, now got Village Mall-the newest shopping complex. But it only houses several dining places (Pizza Hut, Secret Recipe, Laksa Shack, Starbucks, etc).

Oh yeah, Village Mall ada Golden Screen Cinemas.

Dasuki D5T7 said...

one of the latest is ponyo kan?

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, Ponyo on the cliffs.

fikah © said...

can u suggest more j-drama or j-film to watch??
im afraid i would die from boredom..hehe.
sebab tatau nak beli crite ape everytime i entered any dvd stores.

Sarah said...

Hey there Afi! :D

First skali mestila kena tgk Hana Yori Dango (original Japanese version of Boys Over Flowers).Hehe.
Hana Kimi dah?
Gokusen best gak
Nobuta wo produce is the best J-drama I've ever watched! ^^
What else?
Seigi no Mikata
Koizora okay gak tp x berasa suka.
Mei-Chan no shitsuji best! Thumbs up.
Banyak sgt recommendations.Kalau nk tengok list of J-drama aku pernah tgk, just take a look at my livejournal

sarahmatsujun.livejournal.com.

Hehe. Lama gila tak update. :P
That list's not extensive though. And dh lama tak update that list. T___T

Anonymous said...

Ghibli Studio film is a must for me
love all of it

i miss my time there
spending for JDrama DVDs just like crazy
back to KL, have no intention to bought any
waa.. i wish there's a lot of Hong Kong Video here

oppss.. sorry for sudden comment even u don't know me

Sarah said...

Hello there, thanks for the comment.I don't mind though. :)

Yeah, I do realise that the Japanese have their own unique ways of expressing something that is beyond anyone's imaginations. They tend to create good stories with memorable plots and characters that inspires others. Those are the ones of many reasons of why I like J-Dramas. And animes from Studio Ghibli as well. And I absolutely adore the beautiful music Joe Hishaishi composed for most of the studio's films.

Again, thanks for the comment.
When you said' I miss my time there', I assume that you lived in Japan before? :)

Grayscale said...

Try Howl's Moving Castle if you like a romantic excerpt of Studio Ghibli's animation. It's ending theme "Promise of the World" is a fascinating song.

Sarah said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by. :)

I haven't watched Howl's Moving Castle yet but intend to, soon.
But I've heard and watched the ending theme for the movie in youtube.
Yes, the music's fantastic. And I can't wait to watch the rest of movie. ^^