Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

A Much-Needed Break

2019 is coming! A brand new year is approaching again!

In preparation for the upcoming year, I had decided to deactivate my instagram and facebook account. I'm hoping for it to last for at least 1 month, and I would be a lot happier if I could deactivate them forever! 

The reasons why I decided to deactivate those social media accounts:
1. I need a break from knowing about what people are up to, and comparing my own life to theirs. 
2. I spent too much time scrolling through the feed. Facebook made a statistics of how much time I had spent on facebook- it's on average, 1 hour and 9 minutes a day, which is close to 8 hours a week. 8 hours! I could do other fulfilling and beneficial things in those 8 hours. Imagine if I spent that 1 hour on facebook by writing my novel instead, then you'd find a novel under my name in your local bookstores!

Rather than posting about my thoughts and pictures on Facebook, I had mostly spent my time reading many interesting articles from the pages I subscribed to. Like The Atlantic, Quartz and Book Riot. But it's okay, I can always go to their websites to read. 

I wish I could delete whatsapp too. *sigh* 

Life was so much simpler and happier back then. I had survived without a smartphone (or even a handphone) and internet when I was a kid. Why am I so attached to both of these devices now? Fear of missing out? Keeping up with the globalization? 

I'm going to minimize my time looking at my phone, and switching off the mobile data once I get back from work. 

I hope to be more active in blogging too. 

Wish me luck! 

No comments: