Pages

Saturday 26 October 2019

Me and My 'Me Time'!

Like I said in my previous (now deleted) post, I was rather angry, feeling under the weather, all those negative feelings, you name it.

Amidst all those negativity within me, there was one thing I was looking forward to. Going to KB for a research colloquium this week. Well, it just ended today, and here I am blogging about it.

I was not that excited to go to the colloquium to tell the truth. Mainly because I hate driving from GM to KB. It is an arduous 3-hours journey, with slow vehicles and big, heavy lorries getting on your way, where you have to utilize your mental capacity, calculating the distance vs time taken for you to overtake that super-slow lorry carrying timber in front of you. Plus, it's the monsoon season with extremely heavy downpour that blocked your vision even at 3 in the afternoon.

Instead, I was more looking forward towards having my own 'ME TIME'! That's right, a me-time! Where I can escape from my life in GM, having a short staycation in a 5-stars hotel, staying in the spacious and comfortable room all by myself, enjoying myself, leaving behind all my problems. 

In short, I booked a two nights stay at Hotel Perdana, Kota Bharu. The moment I entered the room, I felt so joyful and grateful. I felt so much freedom of having the whole room to myself, where I was free to do whatever I wanted. 

I drove to Aeon Mall KB aka my favourite mall in Kelantan since 2016 (The year I started working in Kelantan), ate plenty of sushi in Sushi King, then I went to Popular to buy an English-translated Japanese novel by Yukiko Motoya, titled 'Picnic in the Storm'. It's a collection of short stories which won the Kenzaburo Oe Prize. Then I went to The Body Shop to buy overpriced luxurious body bath gel, shampoo and bath bombs which I will only use on special occasions like these 2 nights stay in the hotel, and because I'm a member and is entitled to a 25% for each item as it's October, my Birthday month. To top it off, I bought my favourite drink- Hot Caramel Macchiato from 'Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf'. I had so many plans for myself tonight. All these, are my treats and gifts to MYSELF for recently surviving such a difficult phase of my life which is 'PMS'. Laugh Out Loud.

Salmon Sashimi is my absolute favourite! I pray to Allah that if I managed to get into Heaven (aameen!), one of my requests is to be able to eat lots of this without getting tired of it. Aameen!

At the hotel, I filled the bathtub with hot water, and put a purple-coloured Rich Plum bath bomb into it, and watched as the once clear water turned lilac. Then I immersed myself into it, feeling very contented and happy. This is the life. This is my me time. The sweet fruity smell of the Strawberry shampoo calmed my nerves, and the floral scent of the British Rose rejuvenated my spirits. LOL this sounds like an advertisement. I made a mental note that in the future, I must have a bathtub in my house.


Then, I put on the fluffy bathrobe and sat on the super comfortable bed with 6 pillows (I took out the extra 2 pillows from the wardrobe), sipping on my now-cold Caramel Macchiato and read my book. 

The same cycle of event continued the next day. I had a good night sleep on the second night, dozing off as early as 9 pm. 

Now, I'm back to GM, feeling much better than before I came to KB. 

I realized that whenever you encountered difficulties in your life, you just need to take a moment to relax, sometimes. You need a time out, you need to be with yourself. Your mind and body deserve a treat! You don't have to go anywhere far or expensive to do that. Well actually, it's up to you. If you feel like you deserve a whole tub of Haagen Dazs Ice Cream for yourself, then you go and do it! You deserve to treat yourself better! You work so hard! You should spend on yourself and your own needs! But of course, do it with caution. I don't recommend impulsive, expensive purchases that made you feel regretful later on. You just need to be with yourself for a moment. Listen to what your mind and body are trying to tell you. 

Also, I am happy to find 'Christmas Shopaholic' available on the shelf of 'Popular Bookstore', AEON when I visited it on my last day in KB. No matter what people said about Becky Bloomwood- that she is a bimbo, and that "Sophie Kinsella's novels are mostly fluff!", I don't care. I first read 'Shopaholic and Sister' when I was 16 and I was enchanted by it. 13 years later, I am still one of Sophie Kinsella's biggest fans.


Take my advice. Find your own 'Me-Time'! And work on making your 'Me-Time' a memorable and rejuvenating moment amidst your stressful, hectic life.

No comments: