Pages

Saturday 31 December 2011

Double 8

88 marks the number of posts for the year 2011.

And yes, this is the 88th post.

I'm not going to list out the stuffs that happened to me in 2011, partly because I couldn't really remember most of the stuffs that happened; or most probably because I'm too lazy to recall the strings of events that occurred from the 1st of January 2011 till today, 31st of December 2011. Maybe you could check out my archives- 'The Honourable Craps' of which I doubt you would.

I do remember buying and reading lots of books, and eating lots of good (and new) foods, yummy! ; Garrett's Popcorn (caramel with cheese popcorn), dubbed as the best popcorn in the world by Oprah Winfrey, Pizza Hut Cheesy 7(salivating now), Taj's Roti Nan Cheese with Tandoori Chicken and many others la (I eat a lot, okayy). 

I remember going to Universal Studios, and took 4 rides of Battlestar Galactica (Cylon) and a ride of Battlestar Galactica (Human)-those are roller-coasters, took a picture with a semi-naked Pharaoh/ tomb keeper with a well-toned body (what?). The part where the Puss-in-Boots was angry (supposedly) with my sister when she patted its head. The incident where I ran from the fake Charlie Chaplin, refusing to shake hands with him (bare hands!). 

Also, getting my articles published in a real paper for the first time (The Torch is a real newspaper whatttt). Of which the 2nd issue won 'Best Team Effort' for New Straits Times' Young Writers' Award, and I got a certificate with my name on it, a cash voucher that has yet to be cashed out (sigh) and movie tickets that I plan  on using to watch a really good movie with my brother aka best pal, Syafiq.

I got my braces in the same year.To be truthful, it doesn't really hurt. 

Okay enough. The statement' I'm lazy in recalling stuffs/events/facts' doesn't really mean that I'm unable to recall any of them. If I start recalling, then this post will be long and we wouldn't want that, am I right? :P

All in all, 2011 had been a blast, Alhamdulillah. So many wonderful memories. My family members and my loved ones are in healthy, good conditions and it would be the same thing that I want for 2012 and for the following years.

2012 resolution?

1) To improve myself in every aspect.

2) To create more wonderful memories ( to try my best to reduce the number of not-so-wonderful events caused by yours truly, muahaha)

3) To remember names. HAHAHA.
It's funny that I could remember the names of drugs (most of them anyway, :P) but I couldn't really remember people's names.

The most recent event that happened this morning. 

I was on my way walking for a few hundred metres from M5 to Talhah Cafe, and I spotted someone familiar. Oh yes, her! My classmate from the good old foundation years. She's in Dentistry now, isn't she?

Being Sarah, I flashed her a huge smile and greeted 'Hi!' stretching the 'I' sound for 4 seconds or something. 
She smiled back upon recognition and said 'Hi Sarah!!!!'

I continued to smile and as soon as I passed her, the Oompa Loompas in my head frantically searched (and sang/danced)for the file labeled 'The name of the girl who was once your classmate' amidst all the disorganized files of drug names, atomic emission spectroscopy and zeta potentials (revision week laa)

'What's her name again???" 

NO!!!

That girl's name! I must find out! Her name is something like Nabilah, I guess. I hope I'm right. Memalukan jer panggil nama orang silap. 

EDIT: Just checked facebook. Her name IS Nabilah! Hurray to me!!!! *throws confetti*

That's all for now. I wish you all the best for your exam and may all of us have a very blessed year ahead. Amin. :)

No comments: