Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

untitled volume umpteen!

Assalamualaikum and hello all. :)

4 years ago, after SPM, I signed up for blogger.com and created this blog. It was  first titled as 'Sarcastic is My Middle Name' with overly dramatic description like 'she is dangerously sarcastic, you wouldn't want to mess with her, yadda yadda'.

Nope, this is not my first blog. I created my first blog when I was 16.
Oh yes, at the age 16, I signed up for friendster, myspace, FACEBOOK (I'm on facebook longer than most of you do! :P-not that it's a real achievement haha). My 'internet era' began at that age. 

 So, my first blog's url is 
http://xxxxx-the-journalist.blogspot.com. I knew back then that I wanted to become a journalist. Haha.

It did not last. The second blog was hosted in livejournal. I remember writing something about Dr. Sheikh heading off to space in  the Soyuz. I was proud of him (LOL) and Malaysia that I gotta write about it somewhere to express my feelings. Livejournal is quite complicated la. So I stopped blogging. And thus, almost a year later, this blog was born and created by the then zesty, outspoken, loony Sarah Sarcastic. 

My earlier posts were written purely, directly straight from my heart, unfiltered, with only 2 or 3 people reading this blog (my blog buddies- Jem, Farhana, Maddy). We had a splendid time, commenting each other's posts, making charade games, spamming each other's cboxes. *sigh* I miss those wonderful moments. 

When I was in primary and secondary school, I poured out my feelings into my diaries (of which I still keep but could not open because I lost the keys. Yeah, locked diaries). It helped me to undergo those tumultuous period of adolescence. Writing prevents me from turning mad and insane. Writing is therapeutic

 And so, when I started to write a blog to substitute those good old diaries, I tend to forget that this time, it's not only me who's going to read it (though my siblings once read my diary and told my mom almost everything inside it!), but that other people too, could read it.  Thus, I felt slightly uncomfortable.

I began to filter my posts, deleting those entries that I was rather ashamed of. In a way, I grow matured and I learn to think thoroughly before even writing something and posting it out for the whole world to see. Sometimes I even made this blog private for 2 months or so. My circle of readers expanded. Most of them do not really know me in person and thus they might have judged me wrongly based on the things I wrote. My  writing style also changed gradually.Before, I like to just write in Manglish, using intangible expressions like eeyerrr (to express disgust). Paisehhh (It's like damn! in mandarin/hokkien I dunno), aiyoo! GAGAGAGA ( this was before Lady Gaga existed) and many others.

Why do I keep blogging anyway? 
It's just hard to leave something that you grow attached to. FOUR YEARS. 
Besides, blogging ni best la... :P

So, this blog was born on the 14th of December 2007.
Today is the 14th of December 2011.

4 years of bittersweet memories. Thanks for being with me, bloggy. :D
And to all of you readers, silent or not (haha) thanks for reading! Keep on reading! :P

P.S. I reread some of my earlier posts and I can't believe that I was so immature back then. Ah, people changed! 

2 comments:

fikah mus said...

Sarah sarah sarah!!
I know this sounds ridiculous [ridiculous lah sangat]
but I started my blog on the same day as you were.
Happy blogday to you!!

Sarah said...

Afi afi afi!!

No, it's not ridiculous at all! This is awesome! Our blogs are twins! Hahaha.
You too, happy blogday! May we continue blogging till we could no longer blog :P