Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Oh Jupiter, I'm going to the West

I don't know if any of you who's reading this is a classical music/orchestra fan, like me....
But either way, I'm going to share some of my favourite songs. 

1) Gustav Holst's The Planets Op 32 Jupiter, the Bringer of Jolity. 



Even if you HATE classical music, do at least try to listen from part 3:15 to  5: 13 Isn't it beautiful? :')
Oh yes, the melody of this song is incorporated into one of Britain's patriotic songs 'I Vow to Thee My Country' which is also late Lady Diana's favourite song.

2) Joe Hisaishi's Journey to the West (Princess Mononoke OST)


The song is quite similar to 'Jupiter' in some parts. It has a more melancholic tune. Unlike 'Jupiter', this song had managed to capture my attention even from the first beat. 

I love most of Joe Hisaishi's songs that I couldn't afford to put every video here. 

3) 








No comments: