Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

High on Piriton

Rolling on my bed, trying not-so-hard to close my eyes and fall asleep,  I figured that I must write this post before succumbing to the power of the Sandman. 

It had been almost 2 months since my last post, I guess (can't be bothered to check). The last time you heard from me, I had just finished my clinical attachment (Part 1) and was currently doing my TDM rotation. 
Well, fast forward to now, I had finished my TDM rotation with a rather dramatic, conclusive ending, I had suffered and survived through TPN rotation during Ramadhan, just recently finished with the most coveted 'Store' rotation and I'm about to commence my 'Manufacturing' rotation' for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. 

How's life?
Life is good. Life is bad. It's a mixture of both. Not too good, not too bad. Not too sweet, not too bitter. Life is just nice. 
I had read that you have the power to determine your reaction or response to whatever life had thrown you into, but it is only now that I had the chance(s) to apply this theory/statement/whatsoever. 

I had decided to be happy. I just want to be happy. 

After recuperating from a bad case of cold and lying on my bed for 1 and a half day, feeling groggy over the PCM and Piriton tablets I had consumed, I went on to practise 'Canon in D' on my keyboard for 30 minutes, and had made some improvements. I then went on to study Mandarin, reading a Mandarin book for children, memorizing the words and the chinese characters for 30 minutes and hey, I could at least recognize and write the characters for 'jin', 'tian', and 'ba'! hahahaha. 
30 minutes is all it takes. I could learn more, but I just don't want to force myself because you know, I am currently in a recovery period, still feeling sleepy, weak, groggy (and to think that I have to drag myself to work tomorrow). 

I want to become a writer. Wait, I am already a writer. I want to become a published writer. This dream is harder to achieve now that I'm busy working,  but what if I spend about 15-30 minutes everyday to just force myself to write? 

Okay, my head hurts now. I really need to sleep. 

About being happy. Oh yes, let's continue. 
The best thing I had discovered during my PRP life so far, is the joy of having friends. No need to elaborate more about this for now. Just to say, I am so blessed to have these people as my friends, as the beacons of light Allah had given me, guiding me through this unknown path. 

I had browsed through the pictures taken during my CFS and university years. Again, friends. The joy of having friends. Of making memories. Wonderful, joyful memories. Sure, bad memories occasionally popped out to ruin my moments of happiness but I decided to shun them away. Off with those bad memories! Good memories, ahh.. I could still remember the details of each particular moment captured in the photos 

I giggled reading the conversations my friends and I had on facebook, those late night pillow talks- as my friend called it. And I also browsed through the comments people posted on my blog, and laughed at the anonymous ones, knowing that they come from my classmates in UIA, of whom I am still not aware of their identities. 

I am glad I had an awesome university life. 

Just last week, I had a meet-up with some of my old Convent schoolmates. Again, we reminisced all those memories we had at school. After talking to them, I realized that school is not so bad after all. I used to really hate my school life. But now, I kind of missed those moments too. There were bad memories of course, but like I said, let's just focus on the good ones. 

And as for PRP life, no matter how cruel this life is, I am glad I  had met new,great friends. 
I don't care about pleasing anyone. Or to get good, high marks for my PRP logbook. Those days of clamouring over high CGPAs and good grades are long over. I just want to be happy. To tell the truth, I don't even mind if I get a cukup-cukup 60% for all my logbooks. Just to show how fed-up I am with this whole PRP thing. 

I just want to be happy. To make a lot of memories. To make a lot of good memories. The heck with meeting more than the required 'requirements'. As long as I can pass each rotation and get out from this hospital, then I'm happy enough. 

Let's all become happy!

This is Sarah ready to doze off. 
#currentlyhighonchlorpheniramine
#pardonthegrammarstillgroggy

No comments: