Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Pulau Payar aka Pulau takde Freshwater

Assalamualaikum, hello there!
Okay so, my mom's school's Persatuan Sejarah dan Geografi organized an educational trip to Pulau Payar Marine Park. It is located within the vicinity of Teluk Benggala , situated near Pulau Langkawi. My mom tagged along bringing yours truly, and my three brothers Syafiq, Danial and Haziq. My father and sister couldn't come. The five of us plus other schoolteachers with their family members, also 100 students from Form 3-Form 6. So ramai gila orang. (Guna simple English je malas nak check grammar dan google words). 

That 'important person' said this particular island is called 'Payar' because there is no natural fresh water available on the island. And thus, we have spent 3 days bathing in seawater that leaves your body feeling sticky afterwards.  When you turned on the water pipes, clear water would come out but don't be deceived by its look because as you tasted it, it was salty!! HAHA.

Oh yes, the rate is RM200 per person for 3 days and 2 nights. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, provided. For the ladies, you could choose to sleep in the closed area of information centre-of which they said could be quite hot and musty at nights (plus with the 50+ students of various races and religions- aurat, aurat) or you could live your life in the nomad way, aka sleeping in tents, of which we (my family and I) did. 

The tourists who came from Pulau Langkawi had to pay RM100 for just a 4-5 hours stay at Pulau Payar. Ok fine, expensive. But still worth it la. T__T

BABY SHARKY!!!! 

Five stars hotels overlooking the sea...

 Walking along this track, and you'll find,


Abandoned old hotels at its end... O__o

And a really nice private, secluded beach!!!

Three musketeers...

POSE!!!

SWIM! 

POSE!!!

POSE AGAIN!

POSE!! My favourite picture!! xD
Small fishies, if you look closely. 


Nampak cetek tapi sebenarnya dalam okay!!! Especially waktu air pasang.

 I only took pictures of them snorkelling on the 3rd day. I've had my fun share snorkelling from morning till evening the day before. All of us went hiking up the Pulau Payar's Hill and went to the Langkawi Corals. While swimming along the rope, I could see the corals beneath me and I even beckoned over to touch them. Hehe.

This is not the first time of us snorkelling. So, we are kind of experienced in this. Acece. Thus explains why Haziq, my 8 years old bro was so confident swimming up to the deep places in the sea with his brothers.

Syafiq even wanted to take a scuba diving license. I wanted to but I feel that it is not necessary. At least not for me.

To tell the truth, it is quite difficult for the girls to go camping in places like this. You share toilets with 50 other people, soaking wet in seawater (no fresh water, remember?) your hair sticks together and your scalp itches. Of course, you couldn't go around sitting by the beach and let the wind dried up your hair. Yup, aurah. So I suggest that you cut your hair really short to avoid feeling uncomfortable.

Even when you sleep in a tent, wearing a long sleeved T-shirt and pants is a must. You need to open the tent to let the wind comes in because it was really hot at night. People will walk to and fro, passing in front your tent. So, cover your face/head with towel or just wear tudung la.

Your feet are wet and there is sand between your toes, so quite uncomfortable to wear socks right? So buy a fully covered Crocs- like shoes. Beli sandal ASADI je. HAHA. Or just wear socks after you cleaned your feet. Wearing socks can prevent sand from accumulating between your toes. It makes your feet clean! I really want a plastic socks!!!

Nevertheless, I didn't complain at all throughout my stay there. I like this kind of thing. Adventures. It had been quite a long time since I went camping. The last time was in 2004. At the foot of Gunung Jerai. Kem Kepimpinan Pengawas.

Freshwater is so valuable and precious there. This experience taught you not to use water unnecessarily and to be grateful with what you have. Try picturing our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine living in conditions worse than this.

I often woke up in the morning feeling dry, dehydrated, thirsty! But oh, no freshwater. The only solution is to buy the mineral water there, which costs a freaking RM3 for a SMALL bottle! Oi, mentang-mentangla ni pulau takde fresh water hang nak charge mahal mahal pulak.

Oh yes, silalah buat LASIK Surgery atau Ortho-K treatment jika anda rabun macam saya kerana ianya menyukarkan pergerakan dan quite impossible lah kan nak pakai contact lens dalam khemah dan dalam tandas yang dikongsi 100 orang. Pakai contact lens waktu snorkeling oi bahaya tahu tak seawater masuk mata pun dah pedih.

Tapi nasib baik saya masih boleh nampak dan bukan rabun teruk sangat sampai terlanggar tunggul (kalau ada tunggul) waktu jalan. Alhamdulillah.  


Next time my mom wanted to bring us (the whole family) to:

Pulau Tioman!!!! CANTIK!!!  Confirm ada freshwater!!! Yup, I tak pernah pergi Pulau Tioman. You dah pernah pergi ke? Tahniah!!

Cuti-Cuti Malaysia je. It's cheaper and affordable. :D 

No comments: