Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Summer in Taiwan: Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall

An #outdated post 

Chiang Kai Shek was one of the leaders of the Kuomintang Party in China. Back then, Taiwan was a part of China. And oh, I just checked Wikipedia . Taiwan is also known as 'The Republic of China' while the Mainland China is called 'People's Republic of China'.  On the day of our field trip around Taipei, we were brought to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. 


Meet Vera, a friend from Indonesia who loves the camera a bit too much. :P

Again 



While I, on the other hand, love to take pictures of buildings, sceneries


and candid pictures of people.xD 



See this girl?


Trust me, there are so many pictures of her in my camera. T__T HAHAHA) 


The one-whole-day of a field trip ended up with the bonfire night, where we were brought to a spacious field of some sort and that we had to dance around the fire ( reluctantly, for us Muslims), chanting 
'Oh, Mighty fire, God of fire' and bowed to it. Of course I just stood still. No way am I going to bow to the fire!!! If you refused to dance properly, you'd be given a sticker and would be forced to dance in front of everyone. All these experiences were rather new to me and I felt so sad and sinful. It made me question myself "Why didn't I just refuse to dance? Who cares if they thought that I am a boring person?" This is my religion, and I need to stick to my aqidah and principles. 

A funny story: Before the commencement of the bonfire dance, I was standing between this Korean guy, Lee on my right side and Cindy on my left side. When the committees ordered us to hold the hands of those standing next to us, I immediately ran away from Lee, taking Cindy with me. Lee looked confused and his facial expression at that time seemed to say "Why are you running away from me?" 
 Sorry Lee.. I should have told you nicely. Dx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!

i have been following you for quite some time but i couldn't post any comments because i was using my tablet :)

you wrote about so many interesting things at such a young age, you read a lot, you love japanese dramas and i like your spirit of positivity. we bear resemblance in some way :)btw, i belong to kim taku generation, slightly younger, hehehe.

as for the bonfire incident, it happens from time to time as you grow into adulthood; being stuck in an awkward situation where you need to be polite as a guest. if it happens for the second time, just explain nicely and be firm, people will understand you. travelling helps a lot, expanding your horizon. being in a closed - self contained environment of iium to being in another place where we're no longer the majority poses great difference and requires a different approach.

:)

there's also a line of being tolerant and polite too.

when you started working, you might encounter a shocking environment too.

well, that's all i have to share. keep on writing! i hope i am not intruding your blog :)

1bloghopper

Sarah said...

Hello there!!! Thanks for reading my blog! You hv no idea how this comment of yours had made my day!

You are very nice!! Thanks again! YES, you're right! I shld hv done that. Oh well, it was 2 years ago, haha. I like your way of thinking. So optimistic and positive!!

I would like to ask one thing. Did you study in iium before?

Arigato gozaimasu! Again, thanks for the comment! :D