Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

21 Days Later

This was a drafted post written on 3/1/2015.

***
It was on the 13th of December 2014 that I  started to pick up the pencil to draw and colour for the first time in years! (Thanks to Mandy Wang for indirectly triggering my sudden interest in arts! :D). I think the last time I ever did so (colouring) was in primary school. And that was like 13 years ago. O___o.

And of course, as expected, my stiff hand struggled to start drawing on the white piece of paper. I had encountered problems mostly in drawing facial features. xD

Everything turned out crooked and lopsided. Hahahha... 

And this was the first artwork I did back then. 

Remember cross-eyed, half-paralyzed Rapunzel? Hahahaha

And after days of practises, I finally come up with this. 

21 days later. 
The improved version after weeks of training my once stiff hands into becoming more flexible. xD
Picture reference from Mandy Wang. 

It seems that my drawing skill had improved a lot. I did receive many positive feedbacks from my friends on instagram. Thank you! :D

But in terms of colouring, it is still not perfect. I'm still trying to figure out the correct combination of colours to create the perfect skin tone. And how to draw realistic-looking hair. ^^  

Of course la, I still have lots of things to learn. But from this, it shows that everyone can sketch/draw and colour, regardless of whether you think you are talented or not. The most important thing is to keep practising! And never give up. :) 

That's all from me. Buhbye! :D

No comments: