Pages

Sunday 10 September 2017

3 days 'weekend' at home

I've just had a 5 days holiday for the Hari Merdeka, Hari Raya Haji and also the extra one day holiday to commemorate Malaysia becoming champion for the 29th Sea Games, so, 6 days in total! But of course, 6 days are not considered 6 full days of holiday when you had to travel for almost 5 hours from GM to SP and another 5 hours from SP to GM. So, 4 full days la, okayla tu bersyukur. 

For the Hari Raya Haji holiday, I decided that I had had enough of driving by myself to SP. It was so tiring. I usually ended up collapsing on my bed once I reached my destination. And so, I hitched a ride with my colleague at the hospital. It was rather relaxing because I could take a short nap along the journey and that I had someone to talk to. Driving alone could be so boring and well, lonely. And on my last day of holiday (the Sea Games cuti one), I actually did not feel sad that I had to go back to GM. Because I won't be alone! I have someone to go back with! This made me realized that all those times I spent feeling sad and sometimes crying in my car when I had to go back to GM is not because I'd miss my family and home, but rather, it's because I couldn't bear the thought of having to drive alone all the way to GM. (But of course la, I also miss my family).

One of the perks of working rather than being a student is that you could plan your holidays and you could go home anytime you want, as you have your own car and that you could afford to pay for the tolls and petrol, LOL. Whereas when you're a student, you'd have to wait for 7 weeks until the one week mid-sem break, and another 7 weeks for the end of sem break. Plus you had to study for exams that even when you're at home, your mom would ask 'Did you study? Did you complete your assignments?' Seriously I felt like it was SPM again.

Nevertheless, I greatly enjoyed my holidays. My family and I watched A LOT of movies at home. Tae Guk Gi, Sunny, While You Were Sleeping (I watched this for the 3rd time that week!), Sleepless in Seattle, Home Alone 2, Dangal (this movie is SUPERB!), PK (Also Aamir Khan), 3 Idiots (for the umpteenth time, also Aamir Khan) and Mermaid (Stephen Chow's one, very entertaining). 

Okay, Monday, which was on the 4th of September, was the day I went back to GM. As I had to work during Hari Malaysia (consequently missing my bestie Malizah's wedding *sobs*), the next time I'd be able to go home is in October, as I had already applied for a one week holiday in that month. This means that it would be about 1 plus month till I return home again. 

10th of September (Sunday) is the Cuti Keputeraan YDP Agong, which also indicates another 3 days weekend for me. I was not planning on going back to SP because like I said, I had only returned to GM from there just a week ago. Plus, I was not keen on driving. I was planning to stay at home, doing laundry, probably cooking and entertaining myself by eating, sleeping, reading and watching whatever there is on my hard disk. I was also not keen on traveling to KB to just have a weekend getaway there, I hate driving on the single lane roads. I also did not feel like going to Cameron Highlands because I had been there just a few weeks before (plus I hate the swirly spirally nausea-induced roads). GM is so secluded, and so far away from other districts. 

So yes, I was planning to just stay at home during the 3 days weekend. 

Until...

It was Thursday, the last working day of the week for the state of Kelantan. As I was doing my ward round with the doctor and nurses in the morning, I suddenly felt this sudden yearning to go back home. I don't know. I just miss my family! Plus, my housemate's heading the same way. I could just drop her off at Simpang Pulai and continue my journey to the North. I don't care whether I'd get tired or not. The most important thing is, I want to meet my parents and siblings back home! I smiled in excitement as I thought of this plan. I called my mom and she too, encouraged me to go back home, LOL.

And yaay, right after work, I packed my stuff and to SP we shall go! I actually enjoyed the usually mundane journey, as I was feeling happy of the thought of going home and that I have Fatin sitting beside me in the car. We talked about many stuff throughout the journey and we reached Simpang Pulai already! I exited Simpang Pulai and drove all the way to SP, reaching there at about 9.30 pm. I felt so delighted to be at home, I was overcome with emotion that I felt like crying once I stepped into my house, dramatic much? But oh, I felt sad knowing that my dad is away for the weekend as he had an important matter to attend to.

I'm going back to GM today. It was a short 3 days weekend, but I cherished every moment I spent at home. My mom, Haziq and I watched Yong Pal (Mom had been a fan of Joo Won after watching him in Bridal Mask, Good Doctor and Cantabile Tomorrow), we had my favourite Tosai Ghee for breakfast and Mom brought me to Gurun to have laksa for lunch. Only Malaysians would care to drive all the way to another district or state just to have foods, don't you agree? Haha. I went to the bookstore to buy Margaret Atwood's 'The Handmaid's Tale'. I finally have that book in my hands! And oh, high speed WIFI connection at home! (as compared to the Celcom Gold Plan I have to prudently use when I'm away from home- no youtube except on weekends).

And last night I finally managed to satisfy my craving for SUBWAY SANDWICH! HAHAHA. I had been craving for the 'Seafood and Crab' for months! And mom bought pizza for dinner. I slept early last night as I need to have enough rest for me to drive for 5 hours to GM. *sobs*

And now, mom kept on nagging me to start my journey early as she is worried that I'd arrive there late. Of course, mothers. They'd be worried of everything.

So there it is. I can't wait to transfer back to Kedah next year! Insya Allah!

Oh, did I tell you I had been working in GM for almost 1 and a half year already? (1 year and 4 months to be precise, haha). How time flies!

Okay, adieu! 

No comments: