Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2017

And I'm back!!! Again!

So, the abode is opened to public once again!
It happened in March this year. I was feeling rather overwhelmed for unknown reasons that I decided that I should take a social media detox. So, I deactivated my twitter, my facebook and even put my blog on private. I created a new Instagram account and only added the people whom I really know and close with. 

My Facebook detox had lasted for 4 months, I created a new twitter account and only followed my favourite authors and celebrities. I didn't RANT as frequently as I had before. In fact, I only posted 4 tweets so far, LOL.  And this blog, well, the last time I ever written something here was in January, thus I had been on blogging hiatus for almost 8 months! But actually, I had started writing here again this September, but it is only now that I made my blog public again. 

During those period of so-called social media detox, I felt happier and calmer. I took up new hobbies of creative journaling, inspired by the many talented people on instagram like @ronnycakes, @jobsjournal and @joychong. I'm still working in GM and it had been more than a year already! I had grown attached to this small town, my work and believe it, my workplace! I had learned a lot of things, went to many workshops, gained many experiences, know more people and I definitely feel happier and less stressed as compared to before.

In March 2017, I went to Siem Reap, Cambodia with my family. We visited the famous Angkor Wat, and the surrounding complexes like Angkor Thom, Ta Phrom and Bayon. We also had the opportunity to cruise around the Tonle Sap on a boat, with splendid view of the sunset and the floating village greeting our eyes. We also visited the boathouse school, just like in the movie 'Teacher's Diary!'. Okay, maybe I should make a blog post dedicated to this experience. 

In April 2017, I moved from a small room shared with another tenant (my friend, LOL) located at the first floor of the shophouse, to a proper house with a room of my own. And it's nearer to the hospital. And living in this house, I finally learned how to cook, for real! I now know how to properly tumis all the ingredients, even experimenting with various recipes (and sometimes I just campak-campak) and I'm no longer afraid of exploding oil from the wok/pan, hahaha. So, achievement unlocked! I thought I'd never be able to cook in my entire life! 

One of the highlights of the past months is the awesome, surreal experience of becoming the emcee for the Kelantan National Diabetes Updates for Pharmacists in July 2017. It was my first time emceeing for a national event since I left university. I'm glad that it turned out well, alhamdulillah.


With the VIPs and senior pharmacists.I was the only PF UF41 involved as a committee.  


With my beloved Rx9 girlfriends and Dr Ilyani, our lecturer from UIA! 

Another highlight is that I had written an article which is then published by MIMS Pharmacy, September 2017 Edition. It's officially my first foray into the world of medical journalism!

Front page


First page of my article. 


Will I be staying in GM for good? 
This is a tricky question. I do like working here, but I fear that I would be too afraid to venture out from this comfort zone. Plus, I need to return to my family, hahaha. I do not have any relatives here. My parents are getting older (not that old, but still...) and I need to spend more time with them and my siblings. And I feel the need to learn more. I had become accustomed to the types of drugs that are only available here (which are not that many) and I am scared of forgetting or not knowing the names and the doses of the other high end drugs. 

Unless....this hospital is upgraded into a Hospital Berpakar, and that there is a proper highway built from GM to Ipoh (with phone and internet coverage along the way), then I'll consider working here for a couple more years, haha. But urghh, all the kursus and meetings are usually held in KB, which is too far. With dangerous single-lane roads too! 

Never mind, let's not think too much about the future. Let's focus on the present! 

Ah, I really miss blogging. I had grown up with this blog so it's impossible to just abandon it and start a new one (I did, but I immediately missed writing here after posting one blog post there, LOL). 

That's all from me! 

No comments: