Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Almost lost a brother

I almost lost my brother, Syafiq when I was 6 and he, 4.

We were at home and Syafiq suddenly contracted high fever. A really really high fever. He could not breathe properly and his body is all blue-ish because the oxygen could not reach to his body parts (because he could not breathe properly la!)

My father quickly brought him to the hospital next door (luckily our house was located beside the hospital) and he stopped breathing. My father got really sad. I bet he cried at that time. 

This is what he said "Ingatkan Syafiq dah takde dah waktu tu,"

And suddenly, miracles happened! Syafiq breathed again!

He got admitted to the hospital and stayed there for quite a long time. I still remember him in his hospital clothes which looked like a pyjamas, with some sort of tube inserted to his hand.

He was only four!

I remember being all sad having to leave him at the hospital. My parents took turn taking care of him every night. I had my Opah at home to take care of me and my siblings. 

In a way, the miracle that Allah had shown us, make us believe that He is giving Syafiq another chance. Maybe he would change the world someday. Who knows? There's a reason on why that miracle happened. 

He grew up, becoming quite lembik throughout his childhood, maybe it's the post effect of the high fever. He got bullied at school because he was small. He got bullied by me at home because I'm his big bossy sister. He cried a lot. I always spanked him. We quarreled a lot.

Then when he was 13, his life started to get better. He no longer got bullied by me (because I got transformed into a kind, nice sister :P), he stood up for himself, fought when somebody tried to bully him at school. He gained many friends, he had his own circle of admirers from the girls, he was one of the popular boys at school, he got good grades and now is in his first year at IIUM pursuing Bachelor of Architecture. 

Syafiq is one lucky boy. He's the closest one to me out of my other 3 younger siblings. To think that I almost lost a brother. I'm glad that he is still here. 

He's turning 19 today. Happy birthday, dear brother! 

No comments: