Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

The Seven Days Twitter Addiction Rehab Programme

I have been tweeting since 2009, which is quite early as compared to 90% of my friends of twitter, and 80% of those on Twitter now (made up my own statistics for the latter, LOL). 

The desire to log in to twitter and to just express my thoughts freely in just 140 characters, to communicate virtually with others, to look at what other tweeters have in store for me based on their tweets, is just...overwhelming!

The first website that I'd browse the moment I woke up in the morning would be twitter, and I'd keep on opening the twitter tab even though there's nothing! I'd scroll down for the tweets from other 'tweeters' in case I had missed anything and until I've reached to the bottom of the page (whereby the tweets were the ones I have read before), I'd scroll up again, and the cycle is repeated over and over again. 

I know that this addiction has to stop now, or it will NEVER be stopped! Thus before it will take its toll on me, I decided to intervene! By MYSELF! I mean, I couldn't stay this way forever! 

Two years ago, I had came across this interesting article in the Female Magazine (Emma Watson cover) about how the editorial team had made a 7 days abstinence programs for themselves. Those programs were
1. Facebook Addiction Rehab
2. TV addiction Rehab
3. Angry Birds Addiction Rehab

and there are some others.

Right after they have finished their 'Rehab program', they emerged as someone new, someone who had been reborn (LOL), what else? Cleansed, purified, washed? :P
 What's more, throughout the 7 days, they had done many beneficial things in the hours that they usually spent on Twitter/Facebook/in front of the television. 

Like I said, I have to do something about this 'Twitter Addiction'. Let's just give it a 7-day trial. If it is a success, then I'd continue it, insya-Allah.
And I'd make another 'Rehab Program' for myself, like 'Facebook Rehab Programme'. Facebook can be so mentally and emotionally unhealthy, you know. FYI, I'm not addicted to facebook. 
Or, 'Internet Rehab Programme'. This is too drastic, isn't it? Haha.

I'm glad I never got to try to play 'Candy Crush'. I heard that it is highly addictive. 

Know, for the 7 Days Twitter Rehab Programme, I have several things in mind:
1. I am not allowed to access the Twitter website (log out!!!) for 7 days. 
2. If I feel like 'tweeting', I should read a book instead. And that book would be 'Robert Kiyosaki's 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'. LOL. 
3. If I feel like tweeting, I should blog instead. 
4. Maybe I should post diary entries on '7 Days without Twitter'. :P

So yes, that's all for me. The '7 Days Twitter Rehab Programme' will commence on the 10th of November 2013, 12 midnight! 

You see, I envy my friends who do not have facebook accounts, who are not active of Facebook, who do not have Twitter accounts, who tweeted very RARELY. 
Of course, envy couldn't solve anything. Besides, I have the power to control myself! 

Bye Twitter, see you in another 7 days (or longer than that, I hope!) 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oooh! now i'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Sarah said...

Jom! Since I'm not joining nanowrimo this year, I can't be your writing buddy.

How about us becoming rehab buddies?? HAHAHA