Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

The Search

It's the remote control.

This morning, I searched for it on the sofa, at the corner of the sofa, under the sofa, on the floor (whether it has fell down), even thinking of going to the kitchen to look for it (LOL).

It turned out that the remote was on the table. 'Sitting' majestically on the table RIGHT in front of me.

Later on I realised that;

"Sometimes, you could be searching for that one thing for the rest of your life without even realizing that the thing is actually in front of you,"

In this case, it's for one whole minute. 

I've taken the trouble to search the remote control at unthinkable places, places that I think I'd found it, when in fact, it was there on the table, visible to everyone else but not me.

Why didn't I look to the surface of the table in the first place? Because I found it ridiculous to actually look for something that doesn't really need to be looked for. (read this two or three times to understand its meaning).Okay, if you still don't understand. It's like this:

The moment you see the remote on the table. That's it. Take the remote. You don't have to search for it.
If you know the remote is on the table, you wouldn't be searching high and low for it. 

This sounds complicated, doesn't it? 

The same goes with our lives, I guess. 
We tend to think of complex means of achieving our goals when in fact, it's really easy (Not easy as it sound of course). But maybe we don't have to look for opportunities we've been looking for, the ones we've been waiting for all along.  

The opportunity is right in front of you, waiting for you to acknowledge its existence. 

It seems like you got a feeling that every single thing has to be difficult and laborious, so you chose the hard way of searching the remote at other places but at the top of the table- the place where you could find everything the easiest. 

Maybe we've been searching at the wrong places all the time when in fact, it doesn't need to be searched for. The remote control is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. ON. THE. TABLE!!!

Or maybe I could just say "I didn't see the remote on the table, so I looked somewhere else".

Because all this time, the remote had always camouflaged itself within the black material of the sofa. Naturally, it's the first place that I'll look for.

 The same goes with your life. It has always been arduous, the ways of how your goals are achieved. What makes you think that this one task (after a series of difficult courses) would be easy? Hence the reason I didn't look for the remote on the table in the first place

Easy la eh? No need to trouble your mind with this short essay. Pffttt..
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work
                                                                     - Thomas Edison

(though I hardly count 'looking for remote control' as an 'opportunity' dressed in overalls)

Good day to you all *tipping my non-existent bowler hat*

5 comments:

Luqman Fauzi said...

I would be laughing at you...but the same thing happens to me DX.

Sometimes I just wanna bang my head against the wall for not realising that something I was looking for was in plain sight or was already in my pocket

Sarah said...

Haha yeah. We all have those 'absent-minded' moments. :D

A friend told me she was looking for her glasses, until she realized that she had been wearing it all along. XD

ummu said...

so true!
happen so many times to me..i've always search for things, panicking, then later realizing that i was actually holding them in my hands...
and same thing also happen with the glasses..looking like a madman for them, then realize i was wearing them all along..:P

nice post:)

Sarah said...

LOL Ummu. I reckon most people who wear glasses had experienced this kind of situation (I'm excluded :P).

Thank you for reading and for the comment, Ohno! :D

Anonymous said...

now that one nice bowler hat sarah :D