Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2012

24 hours


Salaam'alaik and a very good day to all. 

24 hours a day. So far, there is not even a single day that I fully utilized the 24 hours that is given to me throughout these 22 years of living (fine, minus zaman kanak-kanak Ribena). Wow, only now do I finally manage to comprehend the meaning behind 'Time is a Gift' or Gold, something like that. 24 hours, you could do so many things! You can change the world in just 24 hours! You could win a war for 24 hours. You could save a patient in 24 hours, You could finish your Literature Search if you allocate a full 24 hours for it.  
You could get Dean's List if you study for 24 hours oh this is irrelevant isn't it.

This is a matter that we have known all along but had never been meticulously pondered on before; and now I realized it. There's a reason on why Allah gives each one of us 24 hours. Not more, not less. Equal opportunity for all. Allah is Just and Fair.

Let's give a simple analogue. 
A mother gives each of her children RM24 (katakanlah ni zaman 80'an boleh beli banyak benda dengan RM24). She tells her children "You can do whatever you want with this RM24. Spend them wisely". And off one of them bought a lot of candies, another bought a new games or something, etc etc. And when the RM24 had been spent, then only they would feel regretful of the things they had bought. 
"If only I keep this in the bank," or "If only I save this money and collect more so that I could buy that thing that I really need," and the list goes on and on.

So let's ask ourselves "What have you done with the 24 hours that Allah had given you?"
I tengok internet, tidor banyak kali (kan sekarang musim hujan sangat kondusif untuk berhibernasi), lepas tu I belek-belek notes je, lepas tu bukak internet, belek notes lagi and then eh dah malam, tidur balik. Apa nak jadi ni haihhh...Sekarang baru tersedar. Nasib baik. Kalau leka je sepanjang masa? T__T

Oh, this reminds me of an unfinished book (wajib baca sampai habis!) 


  24 Hours in the Life of a Muslim by Harun Yahya. You can download the PDF version here. 

Okay, so now I have less than 48 hours until my first paper (Subject: Dosage Design II) for the finals. I have to:
1. Finish studying this particular subject (banyak laaa notes dia)
2. Finish my second draft of Literature Search
3. Finish my part of the Ophthalmic Preparations Lab Report

Okay, this 3 je. Fret not, I still have 30 hours! Erkk... please pray for me. :D 

3 comments:

a said...

Technically, there are 23 hours and 30 minutes per day but that's another story xD A person can do whatever he puts his mind onto, te power we hold within our minds is tremendous, we only need to unleash it with a confidence trigger. I wish you all the best Sarah, gambate ;)

Sarah said...

LOL. Seriously? How? Why? :P
I'm so ignorant of general facts. Haha..

Yes, you are so right Luna. We have the power to control ourselves! Thank you.:)

a said...

hehe I have been ignorant about this fact as well until I read an article about it (in arabic xD) I'll try to find it for you ;)