Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Post NaNo Part 2


Salaam'alaik and a very good day to all.

So, Nauseating Awesome November was finally over eh?? YAAY!

But yeah, here comes the most difficult month of this semester, the DECEMBER. I call this particular month as DERANGING DECEMBER.

I started December 2012 with a huge zit just popping out on my face out of nowhere (I attributed it towards stress and hormonal fluctuation, LOL) , with my team mates and I currently struggling towards the completion of our BIOSTATISTICS AND PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY research project!!! 

I hate SPSS, seriously. 

Anyway, something VERY FUNNY happened just now. Make sure that you read this till the end. :P

During recess, I was on my seat in the lecture hall, talking with my friends when Aisyah Iman, our assistant class representative suddenly asked me. 

"Sarah, Sarah menang competition apa? Madam tanya," she said as she looked at her handphone while standing up.

I looked at her incredulously and with utmost confusion, later asking her back "Madam mana?"
"Madam Bux, tadi kat admin meeting," Madam Bux here refers to Madam Siti Halimah Bux, who is the Deputy Dean of Students' Affairs.

"WHAT??" I literally shrieked. 

"Macam mana dia tahu?"

" Madam cakap suruh Sarah jumpa dia bagitahu Sarah menang competition apa,"

T___T

After I have successfully regained my composure, I went to her seat at the back and asked 

"Aisyah, macam mana Madam tahu? Madam cakap apa?"

Aisyah laughed a bit (probably upon seeing my expression) and asked "Sarah masuk essay competition apa? Dean yang tanya madam, madam tanya kitorang. Tadi ada meeting untuk class reps dengan Madam Halimah and Prof Haniki (Deputy Dean of Academic Affairs),"

WHAT? THE DEAN OF KULLIYYAH OF PHARMACY ASKING THE DEPUTY DEAN OF STUDENTS' AFFAIRS ABOUT WHAT COMPETITION DID I ENTER AND WIN??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SERIOUSLY??!!!

I was a bit frantic (drama queen, duh!) and off I asked her again. "Madam nak apa?"
"Madam cakap, kalau ada achievement luar universiti, bagitahu dia, dia nak letak bawah achievement (don't ask me, I don't know what achievement did she mean),"

Okayy...

I returned back to my seat and laughed out loud with Syau and my other friends who had been enlightened on what National Novel Writing Month aka NaNoWriMo really is.

Raihanah said "Akak,lebih baik akak bagitahu madam NaNoWriMo tu sebenarnya apa,"

Hahaha. Tak nak bagitahu boleh. Tak nak letak dalam achievement pun. Suka-suka je letak kat facebook. Did not expect that it would get exaggerated to this extent. Hahaha. 

The most puzzling thing is, how did the DEAN of KULLIYYAH of PHARMACY know that I won NaNoWriMo? He is not my friend on facebook and I don't even know whether he has a facebook or not. LOLZZ...

News spread fast eh? Just by a mere change of your facebook cover picture, then everyone in Kulliyyah of Pharmacy knows that you had won something that is not even worth mentioning. HAHAHA. I did not even tell my mother that I won NaNoWriMo because I don't think that this is such a big and important matter. I only tell her major things like getting the highest marks for the quiz, the marks for other quizzes, getting praised by lecturers for... LOL.

Anyway, though extremely funny this incident is, it also further spurs my determination towards becoming a REAL, PUBLISHED author one day, insya-Allah. 

CreateSpace's giving me 5 free paperback copies of my novel! :P And I haven't even completed my novel, yaay!! (not!) and so, I have to complete and rewrite my novel during these 3 weeks of semester vacation, then I'd ask some of my friends to read and criticize it, so that I could improve and rewrite, then I want to send it to CreateSpace. huh..

I also need someone to design a cover for my so-called novel. LOL.

The procedures are quite tedious but I'll see it to the end, insya-Allah. 

Ni post berangan. But hey, it's true. CreateSpace's giving me 5 free paperback copies of my novel because I won NaNoWriMo 2012!

Waktu tu barulah boleh jumpa Madam Bux letak dalam achievement. Haha (insya-Allah. Ameen). 
Please please please, everyone who reads this, please pray for my success, and may Allah bless you always. :) 

P.S People still asked me "Did you get money for winning NaNoWriMo?" >_< Is money everything, no? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ur first novel, published!!! So awesome~! U MUST let me read!!

Sarah said...

I hope so!!! Hehe!

Yes, of course I will let you read it! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks~! Can't wait \(≥v≤/)

And CONGRATULATIONS again~!!