Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Second chapter of Final Year

I woke up in the morning, went to the bathroom, turned on the tap. No water coming out of it. Still in daze, I went to the toilet cubicle, turned on the tap and oh, no water jugak.

It suddenly hit me. NO WATER! How am I going to answer my nature's call? How am I going to perform my wudhu' for Subuh prayer? ESPECIALLY the former one! Second one can do tayammum.

Borrowed a pail from my friend Jay. Glad to find out that the sink at the pantry has water flowing out of its tap, though rather slowly. Filled the pail with water and brought it to the shower cubicle.

Suddenly realized that there's not enough water to wash and rinse away all the soap bubbles I had on me. So I went outside again, filled the pail with water and went into the shower cubicle, having my shower for the second time. LOL. 

So, throughout the day,  the residents of Mahallah Maimunah had become like those villagers in rural areas. 

In the afternoon right after the class ended, followed my roommates to ECM. Performed Asar prayer at the mosque located near it. Went into ECM. I didn't intend to buy anything as I've bought my groceries last Sunday. I suddenly realized that I was in a dire need for a new class bag. My favourite purple canvas bag had been stolen by the thieves strike morons when they broke and entered into my house last Raya holidays. I am left with three old bags in campus. And the one that I brought along to ECM was the blue, faded canvas bag with 'Universal Studios Singapore' sewn in front of it. Low quality bag. Why did I ever buy it? T__T. 

So I walked around by myself. Went to FOS, saw an array of bags being displayed there. Each of them costs about RM39.90 to RM49.90. But they are of low qualities and I don't like the designs. 
Went to Brands Outlet. Ditto.

Finally went into Quicksilver. Saw one black canvas bag that really attracted me. ROXY. 50% discounts. Whoa. I walked around first. Looked at the variety of backpacks on the shelves. There was one backpack of which I had fallen in love at first sight. I looked at the price tag. RM279.90. *PENGSAN*. 

I went out of Quicksilver and went upstairs to the 2nd level to Tropicana Life shop. The bags there are quite pricey as well, but ROXY wins in terms of its colourful designs. Oh, on the way up there, I took the escalator. You know what I hate about this escalator which takes a LOONGG time to reach up there? GUYS in escalators. To be specific, a group of guys in the escalators, standing in front of you. YOU. ALONE. BY YOURSELF. That they casually looked behind, looking at you. Staring at you. Talking among themselves about.. I dunno. I didn't know which way to look so I occasionally looked behind to spare the awkwardness. My smartphone wasn't there with me, so I can't like, play games or whatever. So I just looked elsewhere, maybe staring above me, clearly aware of them staring at me, praying that the escalator would go faster (to no avail).They are like school kids. Those who have never seen a woman before. Woman la sangat. This had happened several times already. Huh! And even when we had reached to the 2nd floor, and when I was about to enter another shop, one of them turned his head to continue looking at me. Whatever la. Anyway, I looked selekeh with my simple black and white baju kurung and black tudung-a classic-just-got-back-from-class look. 

So I withdrawn my money from the ATM. Went downstairs to Quicksilver. Finally decided to buy the bag on discounts. Normal price RM169.90 *PENGSAN* but 50% discounts, RM85 approximately. A but pricey but it's worth it. I love canvas bags. They are durable and sturdy. Long lasting. 

Arrived at campus.. Went to Kulliyyah of Pharmacy to perform Maghrib prayer. Went back to Mahallah.  Found out that the taps had brown water gushing out of them Filled the pail with water once more. And I slept early last night.

So here it is. A diary entry. :P 

No comments: