Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Heartbroken

A so-called tragedy had befallen me.
It is in the form of a magazine of which I had put so much efforts into. There were some errors here and there, partly due to the designers' well....(insert something). Anyway, the editor's face in front (besar gedabak gambar tu!) is the face that everyone knows and will put heaps of comments to, the one that people will criticize. "Now why didn't the editor check each and every word of every article before deciding to print the magazine?" Yeah, I know. It's my fault. Also due to some agreements we have made with the lecturer of which the students don't have any idea of, but unfortunately, the 'agreements' had materialized into something that had been perceived as 'errors and confusions'. Why, why why? They asked. Well, the team and I have done our best, and that's what matters most. Soon after I arrived at my room, I had stashed the magazine away to the bookshelf, never to look at it again. But when I went to a friend's room, she had taken the magazine from her shelf and pointed every single flaw of the magazine to me. *sad*. Well, I have to learn how to accept criticisms. 

So yeah, I have apologized to my class.

This kind of embarrassing but EQ-building moment had led me to reminisce the horrible unfortunate event that I have experienced in my first year in IIUM. The moment of public embarrassment in front of over hundreds of people in the auditorium, looking and scrutinizing my every action on stage. The moment where the program manager rolled his eyes towards me, of which I instantly wished that the stage would collapse at that very moment or that I will sink into the deep core of the earth. 

So yeah, the first public humiliation experienced during my first semester of my first year in IIUM and also the current public humiliation experienced now, during my first semester of my final year in IIUM.

There are other so-called humiliations and regrets that I have experienced throughout these 4 years here. It's a part and parcel of life of course. *sigh*. *take a deep breath*. 

And oh, humans. Humans are those imperfect beings that you couldn't help but to get annoyed with or get irritated by them at times, but because they are imperfect, you can't really blame them for their actions. 

Screw all these embarrassments! Listen here, and LISTEN WELL. I, am going to become someone SUCCESSFUL in the future! 

These so-called tragedies would become parts of my 'hurdles while climbing up the ladder of success'. 

Like what I always said to my younger brother, who have had bitter experiences and disappointments of his own, "Orang yang berjaya ni selalunya Allah bagi dugaan besar sikit berbanding orang biasa'. 

Thanks Allah for giving me the strength. Alhamdulillah. Just like the Great Jang Geum, 

"I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP! NO ONE CAN FORCE ME TO GIVE UP!" 

I am not being presumptuous. This is my own way of consoling myself. 

With that, arigato gozaimasu...*bows* 

5 comments:

Luqman Fauzi said...

You've already done a good job of consoling yourself, so let me leave this here:

Whether you realize it or not, you are already a successful person.

But yeah, don't get complacent and stop aiming higher. Keep daydreaming =)

Sarah said...

Self motivation is the best thing I could do to myself.
Haha, I'm not sure how you define 'success' or 'successful people'. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind words, Luqman.

Stop aiming higher? Not sure I could do that. LOL.

Luqman Fauzi said...

Lol. That didn't come out right. I meant you shouldn't stop aiming higher.

Anonymous said...

With critics, you'll go beyond.

Sarah said...

Thanks anon! You're right!