Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

All Grown Up

It's quite random actually. I suddenly decided to read the old posts (talking bout 2008 till 2010?) of this person's blog, this someone I've known since school.  I read some of the posts, the comments I have posted, and I smiled. :)

2007-2013. 5 years have passed. I was so immature back them. I'm not that matured now, but at least I'm in a process of growing up, to learn how to think like how an adult should think, I think. :P

It's the same when you read back your old blog posts and got all embarrassed looking at the things you're not supposed to write, things you're not supposed to tell others. Things not worth telling though.

I realized that as you grow up, you become more self-conscious as to how you appear to others. That's the reason why I no longer express my thoughts as freely as I could now, as compared to 5-6 years ago. There are pros and cons to this. 

People who have been reading my blog ever since I started writing it (just finished my SPM) until now (when I'm about to leave university and embrace the 'working world!') would have observed how much I've changed all these years, from writing style to how I perceive life and whatever lies in it. Right?

So this blog chronicles my life after the BIG SPM, agony of waiting for the results, getting the results, agony of choosing which course to take, which uni to go, which path to walk on, then moving on to my series of adventures and misadventures in CFS (2 years of them!) and going to Kuantan to pursue my degree-freshman year, sophomore year, junior year and now ahemm. SENIOR YEAR!

So much things had happened to me, and these are the things that slowly moulded me and shaped me to become a better person than I was 5 years ago (I hope so!). 

What is this, an introduction to 'sarahkushairi.blogspot.com'? Whoa, this blog had witnessed how much I've grown up! People I've met, friends I've made, unfulfilled dreams, new paths that I had taken, that kind of thing. The various short-lived phases that I've gone through- J-Dramas, Matsumoto Jun, Arashi, and... others, were also depicted on this blog. 

I don't know. All these had stemmed from after I have 'visited' that blog of an old friend, randomly.  

And oh, yup. I started blogging when I was sixteen. That old, first blog of mine still exist. (I won't give anyone the URL). I 'visited' it occasionally, and laughed at the things that I wrote there. Mostly it was about 'what happened at school'. 

Do you want to get a glimpse of how 'Sarah' was like 1-2-3-4-5-6 years ago? Well, I don't really recommend this, but you could browse through the archive of this blog, from December 2007 till now, October 2013. You might get slightly annoyed with the old me. Haha. If you're curious la. 

To finally end this post, a quote that I made up for i-Mag (I'm the editor). 
Napi (the manager) wanted something that reflects 'happiness' and 'KOP students'. Those are the keywords. I couldn't find any appropriate quote that fits the keywords. And so, I decided to make my own quote, LOL (iit is also to maintain the originality of the magazine). Here it is:

'Memories must be prescribed, for happiness to be dispensed'. 

 I know it sounds weird as you read it the first time. But try to ponder upon this quote, and you'd finally get what I'm trying to convey. As I read this quote to my friends, they agree that memories, be it bitter or sweet, will definitely leave traces of happiness in your life, sooner or later. You might think something that you're going through now, as something awful. But give it time, you'll look back at it and think it's funny (someone told me this). 

And then you laughed. Laughter is synonymous with happiness.

Smile. :) Make lots of memories! Be happy!

With that, assalamualaikum and adieu! 

2 comments:

a said...

So much wisdom coming out of this post. That quote is one of a kind Sarah, you are forever an inspiration. God bless you^^

Sarah said...

'So much wisdom'? WISDOM? Are you kidding me, Luna? Haha.

I'm quite surprised and flattered (yes!). Never thought that I'd become an inspiration to someone. Thanks Luna! Every good thing/inspiration comes from Allah. :)

May Allah bless you too in this world and hereafter. ^_^