Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

The Incredibles

My afternoon project:

Sketched

I chose a picture from google and began copying it by sketching. 

And no, I did not trace/tekap the original picture, hence explaining the abnormalities in body and facial structures hahaha...plus, where's the fun in tracing pictures? 

Drawing/sketching by yourself brings out your artistic ability (so-called, in my case).Through sketching, you're training your once stiff hands to move more smoothly. Thus, you learn more. By time, your skills would have improved a lot. 

Coloured

Painted, recoloured, repainted. 

I used the sketchbook paper instead of the usual thin A4 paper that I used yesterday and hence, too much water used wouldn't pose any problem in regards to the condition of the paper (read: wrinkled) hahaha. 

And I finally figured out what is the best shade of colour used as a base colour for skin tone. It's light pink. Or light peach. 

I had problems drawing and colouring Elastigirl's nose. And so I  ended up drawing an upturned curve for her nose. Simple! 

The colour black is very dangerous, especially when you painted it over with wet brush. It could mix with the lighter colours nearby and the result is disastrous! I had to blot it using tissue paper, recoloured the affected area and repainted them again. 

Another rule of thumb is...
if you are a right-handed person, start colouring/drawing from the left side of the paper. 
If you are a left-handed person, do the opposite. 

Why? You might accidentally smudge your drawing with your palm in the process. Get what I mean? 

All right. Gotta practise more. With that, I bid you good day and Assalamualaikum! :) 

No comments: