Pages

Sunday 28 December 2014

The Klutz at the Wedding


For the past one week, I had been spending my time away from home, all for the purpose of attending a relative's wedding in Singapore, and also to have fun along the way there (LEGOLAND!!) XD

So, after everything was over, we finally left Singapore at about 5 pm and arrived home in Kedah just this morning at 5! FIVE in the morning ( 12 hours journey by car). Upon arriving, I slept for a while before waking up for Subuh, then I resumed my sleep, woke up, unpacked my bags and tidied up the room. And later this afternoon, I went to Farahin's wedding. She is one of my childhood friends and we've been friends since we were nine, when I first moved to Kedah. Fast forward to 15 years later, she's now someone's wife!!! 

Anyway, back to the title of this post. I was never considered as a klutz or someone clumsy but somehow, the klutz that was hidden deep inside me decided to unleash itself on this particular day. 

Upon arriving, Jem, Sri and I went inside the house to see Farahin, aka the bride and on the bridal dais, we saw her and her husband posing for photos with other people. 

They looked so preoccupied at that time and that Farahin didn't realize that we were inside the house. And thus, the evil mischievous klutzy me decided to take a quick chance of this moment. 

I decided to give her the shock of her life (or day) of surprising her by coming from behind the dais, grabbing her on the shoulder and said "GAHHHH!!!!" Hahahaha. 

So I carefully went towards her, walking stealthily at the side of the living room. She was still talking to someone. And then, I saw that she was about to turn her head to her left (where I was walking). Oh no! I decided that I must act fast! I quickly ran up at the left side of the bridal dais and.....

KABOOM!!!! CRASH!!!! 

In the midst of hurrying to carry out my evil plan, my left foot accidentally stepped onto the brightly lit fluorescent lamp on the floor and it was smashed into pieces, with the light simultaneously went off. hahahaha

I intended to surprise her and instead, it was me who got the shock of my life! Not just me. Everyone was so shocked, including Farahin, but not in the way I had expected it to be *sobs*

Everyone in the room was looking at me. 
Oh My God. It was SOOO embarrassing!!! The wedding crasher much? Hahahaha...But not that many people were in the room. Alhamdulillah for that. 

The look of shock and dismay on my face must have been apparent as Farahin kept on assuring me saying "It's okay Sarah, it's okay! It's cheap! (LOL)  Is your foot all right?" 

I inspected my foot and discovered although it hurts a bit, nothing serious happened. So I just left the matter to rest for a while and pretended that nothing happened while we took photos together and ate outside. 

# I went home and upon taking off my socks, discovered that a really minor wound had formed at the sole, but that's it, no glass stuck on my sole or whatever, thanks to the thick socks I was wearing. Alhamdulillah. I've experienced worse anyway.

The second klutzy moment was when I accidentally stepped onto Farahin's long wedding train. Dx

As for the third klutzy moment, when we were outside to again take pictures together, I bumped onto the flower decorations and it fell to the floor. Pffttttt.... 

My friends were commenting on how clumsy and klutzy I was during the wedding. Dx. I guess once you did something clumsy  for the day, it will create a chain reaction which leads to you doing more clumsy acts. 

And after I got back home, I realized that I might have forgotten to put the money into the envelope that I gave her =hence empty envelope. Might be. MAYBE.  I am 10% unsure though. 

After reading all this, I realized that my clumsy acts could be attributed to one main factor: Lack of sleep. It leads to impaired rational thinking and decision making, also incoordination in muscle movements, leading to the occurence of 'a series of unfortunate events' as described above. I didn't fall asleep until it was about 4 am. XD

Okay, end of story. I hope it won't happen again. 

Selamat Pengantin Baru, Farahin and Hazimin. 


Semoga Berbahagia hingga ke Syurga. Ameen. :) 

No comments: