Pages

Saturday 29 January 2011

I need to learn how to love...

Assalamualaikum and hello to all.
I'm at home right now, 'enjoying' my one week mid break. Yeaah, right. With stuffs to do.
So far, life has been great, Alhamdulillah.
Oh yeah, I was one of the editorial team members of the Pharmacy Students magazine- i-Mag. And guess what, I was selected as the Assistant Editor 2. Erkkk.. That is by chance, of course, as no one except me put 'Editorial' as the first preference. Oh well.

Also, as one of the content developers, I did
1) An interview with one of the best final year Pharmacy student. Of which I need to translate it to English( interview was conducted in Malay) and thus write out the whole interview session by listening to the recording stuffs of which we had recorded earlier. Gee,, my English and vocabs sucks. >__<

I also need to
1) Do a research about the current issues happening in the Pharmacy field.
2) Compile a series of quotes

Deadline: As soon as this one week holiday is over.

I was also in the iPhA's (IIUM Pharmacy Students' Association) Publication and Information Bureau. And also involved in the newsletter. Required to write a one full page article on backpack traveling. WHOA!

Dateline: Ditto

I'm thinking of changing my profession from a Drug Dealer to a Journalist. HAHAHA. Okay, kidding.

What else? Oh yeah. THREE lab reports that need to be completed. Medical Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Fundamentals of Pharmacology.

Okay, back to the topic. I need to learn how to love. By that, I mean;

  • I need to learn how to love what I'm studying. What I'm LEARNING. I need to be sincere. And by that, I need to come early to the class (LOL).  I need to study for the purpose of GAINING KNOWLEDGE, not for the purpose of acing quizzes and exams. I know that I have a mission in life. That Allah has given me this brain (fine, some levels of intellect) in order for me to change the world to a better place! And to change the world, we need someone who is dedicated and sincere. Someone who LOVES knowledge, and have a firm grasp about what there is to know about his or her field. Not someone with HIGH CGPAs but failed to recall nor understand clearly on what she had learned and memorized, blurting them out word by word without even understanding the real mechanisms of what happened when the drug is introduced in the body (in my case).

And to be sincere, I need a lot of help. From Allah, particularly. Dear Allah, please let me become sincere in learning your knowledge, for the sake of developing my ummah and changing the world into a better place. Amin.

That is my number one problem. I need to be sincere! I need to love the knowledge that I'm learning right now!

Alamak, dah melodramatic la pulak.

Don't get me wrong. I love Pharmacy. It is the most ever (redundancy) interesting field ever! I love doing experiments. I wanted to do research. I'm just having a hard time to study sincerely.

I mean, it's hard to become as sincere as Rancho in '3 Idiots'. But I'll try.

You people can't blame us for being too exam-oriented. We couldn't help it. The academic system in Malaysia made us become exam-oriented. Dah membesar bersama-sama dengannya sejak darjah satu hingga tingkatan 5 lagi.

And I'm glad that I finally realised the importance of becoming knowledge-oriented when I stepped into the university, thanks to some of the inspiring lecturers I have here.

With that, thank you for reading.

5 comments:

Hanis MY said...

wow bravo to u! editor tu! (abaikan yg depn tu word editor is much more important hehe.. apapun all d best with study ya!i know u can do it...

MellyNomNom said...

hey I love 3Idiots! lol :P

Sarah said...

@Kak Hanis!
Thanks for always supporting and encouraging me! Haha. Insya-Allah. I hope so. Amin.

@Malizah.
I LOVEEEEEE it TOOOO!!!! Dah berapa kali dah tengok. LOL.

Syidah Razak said...

sarah jadi dua2x pun ok..tue namenye advantage...hihihi
awak bleh punye...
(^_^)

Sarah said...

Syidah, jadi dua-dua apa? Newsletter dgn i-Mag ke? Haha.
Insya-Allah. Doakan saya. =)