Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

of Nasi Beriyani, Fictions and Biochem Quiz

(I wrote this last night but couldn't post it due to the abysmal internet connection). 

Assalamualaikum and hello to all. :)

 Dilemma number 1
Nasi Beriyani + Fasting
Lapar. Hungry. Nasi Beriyani Kak Aliya beli ada depan mata. Tapi tak boleh makan. Why?
Reason no 1: Gotta fast for 10 hours (starting from 10 pm) for tomorrow's experiment- Oral Glucose Test- Fasting/Starvation state vs Well-Fed/Satiation state 
Reason no 2: I have Biochem quiz tomorrow and I need to stay up! Stay up's not good, I know. But I have no choice! If I eat, then will have the postprandial effect. I will get sleepy and sleepy, glucose amount is high. Then I cannot study. I'm not feeling sleepy at all right now. So it's the right time to study! But I'm feeling hungry. Erkk...

Guilt: Takde siapa nak Nasi Beriyani yang Brand New tak disentuh ini. I'm the only (girl) person I know who would consume heavy food at the wee hours of the morning. (as late as 1 am).Yang lain? DIET... *rolled eyes*. Hahaha.

Dilemma no 2:
Orhan Pahmuk's My Name is Red and Tash Aw's The Harmony Silk Factory are staring at me, seducing me, enticing me to pick them out from the bookshelf. To devour every page, to savour every words and sentences, to entice me away from my Biochemistry notes. I was almost trapped but reality slaps me hard on the face. Oi, esok quiz oi!
And so, I lightly touched 'My Name is Red', coaxing 'him', caressing 'him'. Is there anyone is the world that have lust over books other than moi?  It's okay, I will read you tomorrow. The exact words I said to 'him'.
Eh, suddenly Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter called upon me 'Sarah, read me again! Read me again!' Alamak, macam mana ni?

And so I plugged my ears with earphones, listening to Yiruma's The River Flows in You. And started rereading Carbohydrate Metabolism. Glycolysis. Gluconeogenesis. Citric Acid Cycle. Glycogenesis, Glycogenolysis, HMS Pathway, Cori Cycle, Alanine Cycle. Bicycle. 


Done. Next, Protein Metabolism. Perghhh... Cholestrol Metabolism, Lipid Metabolism. 


Guilt: I finished reading Jane Green's Swapping Lives instead of Biochem.

FIVE MONTHS HOLIDAY!!! CEPATLAA!!! 

Edit: Biochem quiz dah amik tadi. HOHO. 

2 comments:

fikah mus said...

nak yiruma!!!
sarah donlod kat ne??

Sarah said...

hahaha, download dekat 4shared.