Pages

Friday 8 May 2009

Siti Girl

In Bio Lab class this morning.

Brother Mahathir asked me " Where do you come from?"
" Urm, Kedah!"
He looked at me and frowned for a moment " You don't look like a Kedah girl," (I get that all the time)
" Huh?"
My friends merely laughed and they couldn't agree less.more.
" You looked like a city girl," he continued.

LOL. What's a Kedahan girl supposed to look like, huh? XD

EDIT: It seems like someone got offended by this post. I think what he meant is that ' I don't look like I come from KEDAH'.
Well, I wasn't born in Kedah. And I can't help but to speak Malay with a slight English accent. (That's what they said). And I can't even speak Kedah though I've been living there for 10 years. And I'm not proud of that fact.
So, don't get offended, OK.
What he meant was- It's rare to see a Kedah girl speaking the way I do. And he thought that I hailed from big cities like KL. So, that explains the statement 'You looked like a city girl,"
You get it now? :P

13 comments:

bunyaminkhair said...

like a city girl? so kedahan look like kampung people???

Balloon of Thoughts said...

maybe kedahans are supposed to have darker skin coz it's hot..tanam padi maa..are u fair?haha (i should've asked this question first,hehe)
don't get offended la bun.i'm sure that's not what they meant.

Lisa said...

*LAUGH OUT (VERY) LOUD*

Sarah said...

no offence dude. But I reckoned he said that because of the way I speak. You know, with the accent(I'm positive about that).
And that he told me that my English is good.He said that just now.lol.
I should hv told him I have a friend in UIA who got exempted in English.
And he's from KEDAH.
Don't get emotional, dude. Think critically and rationally. :P
Brother Mahathir is from Kulim, Kedah. BTW.

Sarah said...

Hoho, thanks for being able t interpret the statement rationally and critically, Farah Humaira..=D
Fair? Err. Look at Syafiq and I'm about er.. 1/2 times fairer than him. LOL. Due to our Chinese blood. Huhu.
But that statement of course, has got nothing to do with my looks.
It's due to the way I SPEAK.
You guys( true Kedahans) can't afford to speak Malay without having the Kedahan dialect.
Same goes with me.I don't know why is that, the way I'm speaking is different from the rest of my siblings. Maybe I got the Singaporean gene (my mum's side). Huhu.

Jem said...

I was about to say the same thing like bun.

HELL, I got the "Tak nampak mcm org Kedah pun" on the first day itself.

-.-"

Sarah said...

Haha, I think the statement 'You looked like a city girl' is the one that caused the controversies. LOL.
CITY GIRL,
BIG CITY LIKE KL...
Meaning ' I come from KL'.
You know?
Again, it's not about LOOKS and APPEARANCES!
Haha, chill, you guys!

bunyaminkhair said...

rofl
hahaha
aduhaii..
im okay with dat la..mana ada offended pun.hahaha.

Sarah said...

Hoho, go on, roll on the floor and laugh.
I know that you were offended at first.:P

bunyaminkhair said...

cis..xde2. not offended ! haha.
not offended by the bro. but the sis.

Balloon of Thoughts said...

haha,bun tak ngaku..thanx sarah,=p wow,fair la tu,hehe

Brmahathir!!! said...

You look like city girl!!

Sarah said...

Who are you? Posing as Brother Mahathir. A despicable thing to do. LOL.