Pages

Monday 26 November 2012

I wrote a novel!

Salaam'alaik and hello all.

Let's get to the point.

Yours truly had won the NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH 2012!!!! 

I've completed my novel yesterday, on Day 25,  with a mere 50,060 words which I personally think as a mediocre, border-line pass achievement.


But it doesn't matter because the most important thing is, I WON!!! And I almost completed my novel! Almost? Yeah, I didn't realize that my novel would get this long. -___- 
Anyway, I am going to finish writing the next part this JANUARY during semester break!! :D
And, oh yes. Have you always been curious to know what the winners of NaNoWriMo would get upon writing a 50k words novel in one month? :P

1) A congratulatory video



2) A winner's certificate!! The one that I have always wanted since NaNoWriMo 2010!! :'D


3) and other special offers from 12 sponsors.



Well, that's all. I know that it is not much, but it's the SATISFACTION that matters! You know, the feeling that you get when you've finally completed the story that you had put on hold for SEVERAL YEARS?? Oh, you could not perceive the feeling? Then you should join NaNoWriMo next year!!! :D 

For this, I would like to say thanks to:
1. Allah the Almighty, for if it weren't for His help, than I could not finish this. I would end up writing halfway,  just like NaNoWriMo 2010. He gave me ideas, inspiration, courage, determination, strength!! Thank you!! 
2. LISA FARHANA aka my writing buddy/rival!!! Take a look at her blog on how we kind of competed with each other to win this thing. Hahaha.
3. My friend Syau- the one to whom I always updated about my daily word count, LOL. 
4. And the rest who were informally or formally involved in my journey towards completing my novel! LOL. Not many people know that I'm joining this thing. Haha.

Lastly, THANK YOU TO the Office of Letters and Light for creating and organizing this brilliant event! Thank you so much! Thank you for the pep talks and encouragements. :) 

So, November is almost over. I'm going to post an entry on 'How to win NaNoWriMo and still survive as a Pharmacy student in IIUM' sometime in the future. LOL. 

Till then, salaam and may you have a great day! :) 

4 comments:

Luqman Fauzi said...

Congrats! =D
You really deserve a round of applause (a real one, not a virtual one) for winning.

Now, a questions I've wanted to ask: Will we be able to read this novel of yours?

Sarah said...

Thank you! :D
You should join this event, at least once in your lifetime. You have your own personal advisor anyway. :P

Oh, here comes the inevitable question that almost everyone asked.
Insya-Allah, if Allah wills it, you guys (my friends) could read this so-called novel. Need your feedbacks so that I could improve. Insya-Allah. :D

a said...

Yataaaa! congratulations Sarah! am so happy for you, You must be proud of yourself :D you're a true inspiration ;) I would love to read this novel some day^^

Sarah said...

Thank you Luna!!! :)

Insya-Allah, your wish will be granted someday! xD