Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

JK Rowling,

the first female novelist billionaire, recently lost her exclusive status because of some very good deeds.- according to The Huffington Post

I was scrolling down the facebook timeline when I stumbled upon a post made by one of my favourite facebook pages ' We Owe JKR Our Childhood' when I saw this, 


Yes, this! I was a bit surprised, but not that much. I've always known that she is a philanthropist who had donated a lot to charity but I didn't know that it is up to the extent of 'DONATING SO MUCH THAT MAKES HER NO LONGER A BILLIONAIRE'.

I wanted to confirm the validity of this post and so I googled and found several articles about this, so, no doubt that the news is valid. 

How do I feel about this:
First of all, well done Rowling! You have written the most beloved book series I have ever came across with, and you have created inspirational, memorable characters that I looked up to and now...you further lived up to  your reputation by doing this! 
When read Harry Potter, you know that Rowling is an intelligent, sensible, kind-hearted, philosophical women. There are so many quotes that touched your heart (and made you misty eyed). In a way, the characters of Harry Potter kind of represented the person who is Rowling herself.

You forever earn my (and your fans') respect! You will continue being a 'billionaire' in our hearts, because you have so much kindness inside you, billions of them. 

When I have children someday, I will force let them read your books and be nurtured with the values and virtues you have included in them, I will tell them that you are an inspirational person, the greatest author of our time. 

You know what, I think I'm going to buy your new book 'The Casual Vacancy' after all! :D

2 comments:

a said...

I think she will be very touched if she reads this^^

Sarah said...

Haha, that is unlikely, but I would be really HAPPY AND DELIGHTED if she do read this crappy blog of mine. xD