Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Favourite verses

Assalamualaikum and hello all. :)

 I don't exactly know why, but whenever I'm feeling sad or down (sometimes for inexplicable reasons), I'd take the tafsir al-Quran and began searching and skimming through the translations, hoping I would find something. 


Of course, al-Quran, words of wisdom, guidance, 'love letters' from Allah towards His Servants contains 'that something' that I've searched for so long, only in the simple surah lazim of 'Al-Insyirah'. His answers towards my questions. 


To tell the truth, I tend to only read and memorize the Quranic ayats without reading the meanings behind each verse.


Surah al-Insyirah or 'alam nasyrah'.


There are two verses in repetition.


Surah al-Insyirah verse 4: So verily, when there's difficulty, there's relief 


and again, Allah repeats

Surah al-Insyirah verse 5: Verily, when there's difficulty, there's relief' 

Now why does Allah say the same thing twice? In my own humble opinion, this in a way, is to affirm our faith towards Him, to convince us, to make us believe, that He will be helping us sooner or later, that His help will come in our way, IF ONLY we believe in Him. 

These two verses have become one (let's just combine) of my favourite Quranic verses, that when I was in distress or sorrow, I'd repeat 'Fainnama'alusriyusro, innama'alusriyusro' (verily when there's difficulty, there's relief, when there's difficulty, there's relief) over and over again in my head.

So, let us reaffirm our faith towards Allah. 

P.S I love this surah so much that I actually consider to name my future (I dunno when will that be, haha) daughter Insyirah. Al-Insyirah (sedap, kan? ) :P  (okay, ignore)


May peace be upon you! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup! seriusl when we're trying to ponder upon those verses, we will just like having a moment of reflection of wat we really are on this earth.
pastu,somtimes,bila bce tafsir n kena pulak maksud tu sesuai dgn keadaan n perasaan kita,hmmm... sangt menyenangkan :)

Sarah said...

Yes. Sebenarnya, banyak sangat verses macam tu, yg could bring peace to our mind and heart. Tinggal lagi nak 'gali' je balik maksud-maksud di sebalik ayat yang kita baca tu. :)