Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

Life Lessons from Steve Jobs

Assalamualaikum and hello all. :D


Here are highlights of Steve Jobs’ commencement speech to the graduates of Stanford University in 2005. In it he talks about getting fired from Apple in 1985, life & death. Watch the video starting at 8:49 for the following words:

If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you will be certainly right. For the past 30 years I have looked in the mirror and asked myself, “if today were the last day of my life would I want to do what I am about to do today?” Whenever the answer is, “No” for too many days in a row, then I know I need to change things. Remembering I will be dead soon is the most important tool I have ever encountered to make the big choices in life… all pride, all fear of embarrassment of failure, these things fall away in the face of death. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking that you have something to lose. You are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart… No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to Heaven don’t want to die to go there. Death is the destination  we all share. No one has ever escaped it. Death is very likely single best invention of life. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you. But someday, not too long from now, you will become the old to make way for the new… Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life… Don’t let the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your inner voice. Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish!

Yes, I agree with you Steve Jobs! We're all going to die anyway. So we should not dwell too much in certain problems. Life is short. Live it to the fullest. 

No comments: