Pages

Sunday 30 October 2011

Macrolide Antibiotics

Assalamualaikum w.b.t and hello all. :)

Okay, please ignore the title of this post. Nothing to do with what I'm going to share/write. I had quite a 'hard' time thinking of this post's title, my eyes staring blankly at the title box that I quickly typed in 'Macrolide Antibiotics', which happens to be the very topic of Anti-Infective Agents' that I'm reading now. 

So, this week will mark the EIGHTH week spent here in the land of the nerds, LOL. It also means that I haven't seen any of my family member's face for EIGHT weeks. I'm stuck in Kuantan for almost TWO months. 

Oh yes, The Torch 2nd Issue had been released and distributed by us the Torch people. Both of my articles appeared in the 2nd Issue. The responses from my friends are quite overwhelming. Well at least, to me. Thank you for reading and the feedback! :D Some of my friends even sent congratulatory messages that made my day (and my cheeks turned red, hehe). I would like to say thank you to The Torch's team (especially the editor, Nazriq) and the NSTP people (Michael Lai). Mucho gracias for this rare opportunity. And oh, my English is not that refined. It's the NSTP people/The Torch's grammar nazis (most of them are BEN students and Journalism students) who edited some parts of my articles, making them 'look' presentable than they really are. Haha. Kudos to them. My articles are not that interesting, to tell the truth. Merepek banyak. I love Anisah Shurfa's articles the most. :D

Not forgetting, the representatives from each kulliyyah who came all the way from their kulliyyahs to collect 'The Torch' from OCD and distributed them to the students. Thank you. May Allah bless all of you. 

Possibly, my article would not come out in the 3rd issue. Why? Because I didn't write any. LOL. Actually, I was a given a task (life section) for the 2nd issue but I was quite busy so I said '3rd issue, can?' and later on I realized that I don't even have time to write it for the 3rd issue. I'm going to work on it during this one week mid break, insya-Allah, because the internet at home is super amazing, haha. Stay tuned for the 3rd issue of 'The Torch' which will feature my friend, Atiqah Hasman Yusri's travel article and also Farah Izzati Azmi's articles about activities in Kuantan.

This week:
1. Anti-infective agents quiz (Tuberculosis drugs, Chloramphenicol, Metronidazole, Carbapenems and Monobactams, Quinolones, Macrolides)
2. Anti-infective agents seminar (Anti-malarial drugs in Pregnancy)
3. Pharmaceutical Analysis' Lab Report (done, pheww, only viva >__<)

Okay, may peace be upon you! :)

I can't wait to go home. :(((

3 comments:

Luqman Fauzi said...

Seeing your name in the paper must be nice XD.

Btw, I noticed that a lot of people are writing more than one article. Is the Torch severely understaffed or something? Would you welcome guest articles?

Sarah said...

Yes, it's nice but I'm not too proud about it. :P

Oh yes, I've forwarded this comment to the editor of the torch. xD
His answer: most of them were quite busy at that time (due to mid term, plus the fact that they are full time students, not full time journalists)so, yeah...

And of course guest articles are welcomed, Luqman. There are only 3 correspondents from Kuantan so far (2 from pharmacy, one from dentistry). We need more writers from Kuantan, possibly from other courses. You could email your article to thetorcheditorial@gmail.com.

All the best!

Luqman Fauzi said...

Thanks. We'll see la...if there's time (and motivation) insyaAllah I'll write something.