Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Adventures of TinTin

When I was young, my mom used to take me and my siblings to the public library, and we were allowed to roam within the library's vicinity at our own whims (and parental supervisions)
That was the time when we discovered one of the most wonderful comic books that ever existed in this world. I am not exaggerating. 

The comic book is called read the title of this post. 

TinTin is a reporter who is always having adventures around the world  with his dog, Snowy and friend, Captain Haddock. He had been to Congo, America, fictional country called Syldavia, China, Tibet, the MOON, Middle East and banyak lagi la. 

 The other recurring characters include the hilarious detectives Thomson&Thompson and the opera singer, Bianca Castafiore. And oh yeah, Professor Calculus.
There are altogether TWENTY FOUR comic books on TinTin's adventures. I remember that we used to take turns reading each one of them and looking at the illustrations on each strip with full concentration. 
The distinctive, special thing about the TinTin comics is that all the places they went to are depicted realistically and accurately; the cultures, the landscapes, the history, it's as though you're really traveling there with TinTin and his counterparts. 

Alas, I was no longer the member of the public library. College called, and I'm now a busy university student (don't you feel the overwhelming desire to laugh at this very sentence? :P)

Until, Steven Spielberg decided to make a 3D Motion Capture film on this young sleuth! Hurray!
 I haven't got the chance to watch it together with my siblings at the cinema, nevertheless managed to do so only yesterday when my brother had successfully downloaded the movie (like a pirate) from the internet.



We connected the laptop to the television screen and whoa, it's as if you're watching it on DVD or something. Geddit? Geddit?

I must say that it is the MOST BEAUTIFUL FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN.
It's like, a 3D, animated sort of film but at the same time it looks really realistic! The facial expressions of each character, the clarity of the sky, the colour of the ocean, the rolling of the waves as the wind swept through, the delicate wrinkles on TinTin's eyes (:P), and many others.



 It's hard to actually convey the feelings through mere words and downloaded pictures, which is not that many, LOLZ, you'll have to see it by yourself to feel it, to experience it, to live it.

And I'd recommend you to read the TinTin books. I've read 21-22 of them I guess (there are 24 books in total). It is suitable for young children (duh, of course), I mean, for parents who are particular about the whole English grammar+correct sentence structures stuffs. The English is simple and the sentences are grammatically correct ( I think).

The complete TinTin books are quite expensive (thundering typhoons!) so it's best if you borrow them from the library. IIUM Kuantan's Library only has TWO TinTin books. (blistering barnacles!)



I'm SOO going to get all 24 of them the next time I go to Chowrasta. 

4 comments:

Luqman Fauzi said...

I'm familiar with the series, though I was never a big fan. It's one of the many series my mom introduced to me, but it never stuck with me as Batman or Spiderman did.


Do you mind reading them on a laptop? Because senang je nak download everything =P. I can give you a link

Just spreading the pirate way, lol

Norm said...

"thundering typhoons!" & "blistering barnacles!" !!!

tu kapten haddock punya line kan??kann??
rindu gila baca buku2 tintin dulu2.

Sarah said...

@Luqman.
Yup, sure! Give me the link please! And thank you! :D

@Norman
Haha, yup! Tu lah. TinTin best! Kalau komik Malaysia pulak, Anak-anak Sidek yang best.

Luqman Fauzi said...

Okay. I've posted the link on G+...I hope you know how to download torrents.