Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Dried ink

I'm in pain. My body aches and I'm shivering all over.

Being in this state reminds me of home and my family.
If I were at home this time, I would carry my comforter and pillow, sleep on the sofa downstairs, watching whatever there is on TV. 
And if I wanted something; say, a glass of water, I'd ask my darling sister to get it for me. Right now, I couldn't really stand still. 
As for my mom, she would touch my neck and forehead, her eyebrows knitted together upon feeling the higher than normal temperature. Then she'd give me something to eat and get me a glass of water and panadols.
She would also get a big bowl of water, soak the small towel in it and put it on my forehead.
On the next day, she would cook porridge for me. 
I miss my mom and my sis. I miss the rest of my family members. I miss Haziq.  I miss my home sweet home that is located more than 300 km away from Kuantan. 

But right now, I'm all alone in my compartment. I have to force myself to eat and then take the medicine. If I wanted something, I'd have to go get it myself. 
Worse still, I need to study tonight. There'll be a quiz tomorrow. Luckily I've studied the topics the night before.
My stomach hurts and it gives me this nauseating feeling. My head is throbbing painfully.
I feel so alone. Not really. Allah is with me. He's watching me now. He could feel my pain. I know that in a way, He's trying to say "Stay calm and patient. Everything will be okay in the end. Verily, when there's difficulty, there's relief. When there's difficulty, there's relief'"

Another two weeks to be spent here. Plus that one day of lecture on the 8th week *sigh*. 
I can't wait to go home!!!
 I hope I'll get a lot better tomorrow. Ameen. 

2 comments:

ummu said...

Hey sarah
poor you..hope u're much better now:)

Sarah said...

Thanks Ummu! I'm feeling much better now, Alhamdulillah. :)