Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Cheapo Skatepo

Assalamualaikum and hello all. :)

I had undergone a series of unfortunate events (ceh!) throughout this week,  from Monday till today, Friday. Never mind, those are just tests given by the Almighty. I hope I pass them with flying colours! :D

So today, I went to the MPH Book Fair at Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre.
There are lots and lots and lots of books with lots and lots and lots of discounts! 90%! I kid you not!

I was like Becky Bloomwood in sample sales. I clutched the handles of the red basket firmly and thus began the event of filling in the basket with books, books and more books!
Then I filtered my selection, taking into full consideration of whether I will really read those books in the future. Then I chose more books, filtered them again, and the whole process went on and on until I finally managed to come up with the final 7 books. 

Went to the cashier, a cheeky young man keyed in (?) the prices of those books. Dianna Wynne Jones' book actually belongs to the 10% discounts area! Pftttt!!!! So I decided not to take it. It was not in a good condition anyway. 

Anyway, when he had finished doing that, he declared "Altogether, it's RM 229.35!"
My eyes almost bulged out and I bent over to look at the computer. The young man grinned and continued
".....before discount!"
"Pheww!!!" I let out a huge sense of relief.

You know how much I paid for those books?
A freaking RM22.95!!! Discounts of RM206.42! It's crazy, I tell you!

Books I bought (from top)
1. Harry Pottiness: A totally unofficial Book of Muggle Fun (FINISHED READING THIS WHILE WAITING FOR MY FRIENDS SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES LOL)
Real price: RM 19.95 Discount: RM 17.96

2. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie (I know he's the writer of The Satanic Verses, but I wanted to read this book)
Real price: RM39.90 Discount: RM35.91

3. Howards' End is on the Landing by Susan Hill (I read the synopsis and found out that the story has something to do with me (and other readers) Guess what? :P So I buy lor.)
Real price: RM49.90 Discount: RM44.91

4.Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (I'd always wanted to possess this novel. SOOO BADLY!! Okay, I'm exaggerating. But yeah, I wanted to read this ever since I've seen the title on goodreads and other bookblogs)
Real price: RM49.90 Discount: RM44.91

5. Inspector Singh Investigates: A Bali Conspiracy Most Foul by Shamini Flint (Shamini Flint is a Singaporean author. I've always wanted to know what's so great about this novel of hers)
Real price: RM35.90 Discount: RM32.31

6. The Call of the Wild by Jack London (I've never read any of Jack London's book before but I've heard of him and it seems like The Call of the Wild is his most famous book?)
Real price: RM16.90 Discount: RM15.21

7. Strip Jack by Ian Rankin (I've never heard of him before but Nazriq-the editor for the Torch said he enjoys reading Rankin's novels so I guess I'm gonna give it a try) 
Real price: RM16.90 Discount: RM15.21

GROSS PRICE: RM 229.35
DISCOUNT: RM206.42-
FINAL PRICE: RM22.95!!! Oh yeahh!! 

I know you might think that those books that I bought are boring but hey I don't have much choices okay. Plus, they are freaking cheapo! You know how hard it was to find those books? All the books in the 90% discounts section were not arranged properly so you'll need a meticulous pair of eyes and a flexible neck! LOL.

I wanted to buy more but hey, don't be greedy! Jangan menzalimi buku-buku yang anda tidak akan baca! Mary Poppins said "Enough is as good as a feast!" 

The best find of the day goes to *drumroll*

Yupss!!! Hahaha. 

Okay, may peace be upon you and good day to all! (it's already 11.23 pm) 

2 comments:

Saffa said...

SARAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I want that pride and prejudice and zombies tu jugakkk. :(

Sarah said...

Hahaha. I dh check MPHOnline.com. Kat sana ada. Buy online la. :D