Pages

Friday 12 June 2009

Random

I had just organized my Flickr account.
It's surprising to see that the simple, bland, grainy photos I've captured with my modest Olympus Fe-320 could appear rather err.. OK in that page. That's my opinion anyway, sangat perasan.
Must take more photos!
I love to take random photos. But I'm too lazy to upload them to the computer, let alone spending time editing those pictures. MUST NOT BE LAZY!
I don't really like to take pictures of me with my friends/ family. Instead to be the one in front of the camera, I prefer to be the one behind the camera.

It's a simple compact camera really. It's not as fancy as those SLR and DSLR camera, but I freaking love it! In fact, while browsing through some flickr's photo pages, I found one page entitled ' Testing Olympus Fe-320', with wide collection of awesome pictures taken with the same camera I possess.
Seriously, those pictures are AWESOME with a big A!
You would have thought that the photographer used a fancy Canon DSLR camera to capture those masterpieces. He is from Japan, I guess. :)
But wait, surely you would have thought that he might be using some softwares like Adobe Creative Suite and so to edit those photos, right?

This is what I asked him:
Hello. Nice photo you got there. I'm Sarah and I'm from Malaysia.
Mind asking, did you use any software to edit this picture? Or any other pictures taken by Olympus Fe-320?
Did you use Adobe CS or just the editing tools available in the Olympus CD? Thank you.

And this was his reply:
Hi Sarah, thanks for your comment. Well, I don't usually retouch any of my photos except when using them in particular designs. This is as it was taken. It just happened to be a fine day and a beautiful dusk that day. :)

He didn't even edit that particular picture! How AWESOME is that?? (sila kira berapa banyak perkataan 'awesome' ditaip di sini XD)

I found one inspiring quote about photography there.
"Compact cameras with good photographer have better results than reflex cameras with bad photographers"

I simply couldn't agree less. That is SO true! Not that I'm saying I'm a good photographer. Sheesh..I'm an amateur.

So, don't feel bad if you don't have those high and mighty SLR/DSLR camera. Start with the basic first, hoho.
And why spent time to meticulously edit the pictures taken? Raw, unedited pictures possess more originality compared to the modified, edited ones.
So next time, I'll just point the lens towards the subject and just shoot it. I shall not bother to worry whether those pictures will turn out good or what...
Hey, each picture taken has its own value. No matter how ugly or horrendous it seems.
Personally. I think the portarit of 'Monalisa' is rather unappealing. LOL.
Sorry Da Vinci and art lovers. But you get what I mean, right?

Would love to put the picture here but then I would be accused of plagiarism. Anyway, here's the link

2 comments:

Lisa said...

not fair!
i want my own camera too! T___T

must get one for my bday :D

Sarah said...

lol liz.
I thought u hv yr own DSLR? :D