Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

The Make-ups 'Rendezvous'


 Make-ups. Make-up and girls. Quite similar to guys and errr...cars?
I'm a girl. Sure, I wear make-ups on certain occasions. I was FORCED to wear them. Let's see.
1. When I was ELEVEN. My first time ever of wearing make-ups. I entered a Dancing Performance. I shan't elaborate further on this. Okay, don't ask.
2. When I was SEVENTEEN (?) I entered a Pesta Pantun (Pantun Competition) State Level. The teacher in charge forced me to wear make-ups.
3. And now....

NINETEEN. Approaching twenty this year. And I was forced to wear it again. Make-ups. Singular or plural? Okay, don't care.

My definition of make-ups is:
Eyeliner plus blusher plus eyeshadows. Not exactly a definition, I know.

This is how it started.
Hazie 'invited' (she dragged me, like seriously, LOL XD) me to her room because she wanted to see everyone's dresses for the AGD. So-called prom. *shudder*. Islamic way *yeah, of course*.
I was the first 'victim'. And off she applied all sorts of 'face crayons and paints' onto my face.
Then, she applied the mascara. Okay, the one with the volumizing stuff. White base coat apakebendaentah.
And she put that thingy where people used to curl their eyelashes. Eyelashes curlers, I think.

Everyone kept on saying ' Wah, panjang giler!' ('So LONG!') and even 'Orang gila je yang ada bulu mata panjang macam ni,'( Normal people do not have this kind of lashes, they mean it in a good way, of course). I kept my mouth closed and trying to suppress the yawn. Clearly, I was sleepy. And a bit bored. Huhu. The way they stared at me made me feel as if I was an alien from Mars. An alienette (female alien) with long eyelashes. O__o
I'll just make this short. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I had a shock of my life.

Pretty? NOT THE LEAST.
In fact, I LOOKED HORRENDOUS!
Like, seriously!

It's not like, in the 'Transformation' columns in magazines or the 'Style by Jury' or even the 'Tangkap Muat' kind of surprise. Those are pleasant surprises. They feel that they looked better with make-ups.
Not for me, though. Though everyone in the room kept on complimenting on how I looked (The Power of Make-Ups, duh), I still feel uncomfortable and uneasy. I wasn't being myself. Sure, it's just make-ups. No big deal, you might say. But seriously, I don't feel good wearing make-ups. I don't even have the secret pleasure of saying 'I look good/pretty' upon looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I LOOKED OLD! MATURED! I don't like that!
I'm not saying that Hazie is not a good stylist/ makeup person. She is really good with make-ups. EXCELLENT! She did good jobs on herself and others. Maybe it's just me. I simply do not look good with make-ups. I mean, I don't feel good/ comfortable wearing make-ups. Maybe I feel good about myself without make ups all these while. Sorry, Hazie. But it's nice to do that once in a while.:) 'Girly moments', as my roommate Syidah called it.

Plus, they said that I looked like a Vietnamese lady (have they ever seen one before?). Ada ke patut?? At least cakapla I looked like Japanese ke hape (sungguh tak sedar diri, LOL).
Okayla, wanna see my face with make-ups on? Okay, scroll down.. Down down and down.... It's rare to see my pictures, let alone with MAKEUPS on!

-----



-----



-----


Down and down....
-----



-----





-----




-----



------


Be patient, will you
------




------



------



------





-------





I'm dying for your compliments upon seeing this*batting eyelashes*




-------






-------





Like seriously, do you want to?

-------





-------



Oh well...





-------





If you insist...



-------




Presenting!





-------





*Drumrolls*




--------





Sarah Kushairi with makeups!







--------








UNVEILED!



                        (of course, I'm exaggerating XD )

   I still remember the time when I was 6 and Syafiq was 4. We (both of us + parents) went to a shopping mall in Singapore/ KL (can't recall) and there were two clowns with helium filled balloons. They gave one to me and I said 'Thank you' though I was deeply terrified.
They gave another balloon to Syafiq and as the clown put his face nearer to Syafiq as to hear him saying 'Thanks', Syafiq let out a loud cry and kept on crying. The clown tried to calm him down but to no avail, failed to do so. The cryings were getting worse. They finally 'released' Syafiq and Syafiq stopped crying immediately. A great actor, he was (is).

As a conclusion, I won't wear any blusher or extra base coat of mascara. Eyeliners too. They hurt my eyes.I don't have any idea on how to use the eyelashes curler. Mascara is acceptable. Minus the white base coat.
Neutral foundation. NOT WHITE. And I shan't shimmer any powder on my lips either (the idea is that the lipstick colour will last longer). And I'm happy with the Cherry flavoured vaseline, thank you very much.

Pheww.. 3.23 a.m in the morning now. Good night (morning), minna san!

P.S. I had a hard time scrubbing the mascara and eyeliner OFF my eyes. Nope, I do not OWN  nor POSSESS any eye make-up remover, thank you very much.

Disclaimer: All pictures are googled.

7 comments:

kina ;) said...

Yay! Akhirnya ade orang yang sama dgn aku! I'm not hating makeup but I prefer not to wear it, except! the compact powder and lips balm. XD
Whenever I'm wearing makeup, rasa macam alien. Haha!

Sarah said...

Exactly!
Just now my mum put some blusher onto my cheeks *shudders*. She said that I looked pale. O__o.

But that's the idea. Maybe I have been influenced by the Korean/Japanese actresses who have pale but pretty complexions. LOL.

Sama la, I only wear compact powder and lip balm. Not more than that. Ketinggalan zaman betul la aku ni. Huhu.

Dasuki D5T7 said...

didnt read the whole thing
caught by the bolded
'OLD! MATURED!'
its okay to look matured(not old!)
kinda bonus ya know..
hahaha...
ha..
in a way or two..

-clowns are scary!-

Sarah said...

LOL. I don't want to look TOO matured, though. XP

BTW, where did you get my blog link from?

Dasuki D5T7 said...

aaa...
forgot already..
are u a friend of bun or farah?
i kind a click here there..
haha..

Sarah said...

Both of them are my acquaintances, LOL.

Dasuki D5T7 said...

owhhh..
hahaa...
bun is my old schoolmate..
and farah is my junior..kot?