Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E !!!!

Here is the list of books that we're gonna use throughout the FIRST SEMESTER in UIA Kuantan. For Pharmacy students.

I don't know the exact prices but here are the prices that I got from the internet. It might cost MORE than that!

Principles of Anatomy & Physiology 11th ed.,Gerard. J. Tortora Price: RM 237.03 
 can also use Guyton's  Textbook of Medical Physiology.

Pharmaceutical Practice Winfield and Richards RM 177
Organic Chemistry can use any books from any authors. They are all the same. Maybe it costs less than RM100.

And as for the other books, can just borrow from library and photostat some pages-ceh, you know yourself la right.
Senior said that the lecturer might give us her/his notes, but someone had to do the job of distributing the notes or whatsoever (class rep). More like, Pharmacy Year 1 Representative.
The total of 100+ Pharmacy students will be crammed together in one big lecture hall.

Two books costed about RM400+ (expensive, right?, I could buy 10 fictions with this money, each of them costing RM30+). To think again, if you didn't study, then the money you spent for these books would be wasted.

You see, we're not going to get the books we ordered until after the mid semester. So we can just buy the books at bookstores, though the prices are a bit higher.

Oh, never mind. I'll just buy Organic Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Practice. The rest, I'll just borrow them from my senior, who is actually the same age as us. LOL.

I'm supposed to be 'bersuka ria' right now. Why am I thinking about this? :P

9 comments:

Saffa said...

Saffa pernah try cari & check harga buku Management kat Internet (Kinokuya) bila stock buku MGT kat Kedai Buku UIA habis and it cost around RM250+..

UIA jual RM80 jer.

So. My point is, jangan beli buku teks dari luar. And yeah. Just pinjam or beli dari senior/kawan2 jer. UNLESS buku tu useful and akan pakai balik semester akan datang. ;)

Sarah said...

Yeah, you're right! Senior cakap UIA jual lagi murah and maybe kat sana ramai yang nak jual buku second hands, kan? So tunggu ajela. :D

Jooleeyah said...

D:
Medical books are expensive too. I ordered only 2 books from the seniors. Itu pun my sister said tak payah beli pon.

Seniors and lecturers might give notes. The books are only untuk refer and additional info. So it's unlikely that we're going to use the book from cover to cover. You only need to buy a book that you need to refer to often. If you don't mind reading textbooks in a computer screen, you can even download the PDF or CHM files of the books.I've downloaded a couple of my Medical books already. I figured that I'll buy the books if I need to, but kalau setakat nak refer skit2 je, download je cukup :P

-Julia

Lisa said...

UIA lagi murah! my Calculus book in PJ cost around RM300++ outside & UIA jual RM80 je. hahaha.

takpe, JPA ada. :P

Sarah said...

@Joo, I know, kalau buku pmacy mahal, buku medic bertambah2 la mahalnya. Haha.

Yeah, you're right. I don't think I'm gonna buy those books. Expensive! My senior said I can use my PJ matric card to borrow books from the library. :)

Thanks for the comment!

Sarah said...

@ Liz.

That's why! On second thought,I tak nak beli books from outside.
Pinjam buku kat library je. =)
Mula2 start class JPA belum bagi duit. Hahaha.

Jem said...

LOL.
If you have books yang sama with Medic students, maybe you can borrow my sister's. (Don't go around offering her Medic books to Medic students pulak, mati I nnt.)
I'm not sure she wants to sell it so I can just lend it to you lah.
But you need to tell me now because I wont be home after this dah kan. haha.

Gimme the names of the books, and preferably, gambar buku, senang I cari. :D

Sarah said...

Thank you very much, Jamie! I really appreciate you help.
Fattiya would lend me her books for this first semester.

But then, if I do need your sister's books in the 2nd semester, I'll tell you, okay? :D

Jem said...

Okay. Nu problemo.
(: