Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2010

World Cup Woes

So here's the thing. My dad is not subscribing to the Astro Supersports Channels (ESPN, Star Sports, World Cup stuffs, you name it) which is really depressing (I'm exaggerating, of course) as I have to fully rely on the SELECTED matched aired by RTM TV1. Yes! TV1. And of course, I am grateful enough to be able to watch the epic 'Germany Vs Australia' match last Monday on TV1. And I'm looking forward to watch more matches that involve Germany, the team that I supported since 2006.

And so, I got to look at the Match schedules on RTM- TV1 and TV2. I gotta watch MORE football matches!  I only watch Germany because I couldn't afford to stay up EVERY single nights just to watch football matches that feature countries like Slovenia against Algeria or something.

And after I looked at the complete schedule (click here), I am DEVASTATED!
As you can see. TV1 WILL NOT AIR the upcoming match of Germany Vs Serbia! NOOOOO!!!!!!

First Round Group D

Germany Vs Serbia 18/6/10 (Fri) 7.30 p.m

To be truthful, I'm not that worried about this match. I'm 99% sure that Germany will win it.

Okay, masih boleh bertahan. What about the next match, Germany Vs Ghana?

Germany Vs Ghana 24/6/10 (Thu) 2.30 a.m

(you can see that I'd have to wait for another SIX days to watch another Germany match)

The Live Match's supposed to be at 2.30 a.m BUT THEN....

RTM decided to air it at 4.30 a.m -______-. Siaran tertunda. Hoho. Never mind. I'll pretend not to know anything and just watch the match as if it really is a Live Match. No one shall tell me ANYTHING! This is a warning! *buat muka serious*

Round 16.
Let's say Germany wins the First Round. So, the next match should be on the

Winner Group D Vs Second Group C 27/6/10 (Sun) 10.00 p.m

Ceh, tertunda lagi! RTM decided to air it at 12.00-2.00 a.m! I shall refrain myself from looking at any updates regarding the match.

Quarter Final
There will be FOUR MATCHES. Two of them are LIVE screenings while the other two 'siaran tertunda'.
Again, if the match that features Germany is in 'Siaran Tertunda', I shall pretend again that I watch it LIVE.

Semi Final
As for the semi final (let's hope Germany will reach this stage and let's hope that the last minute tragedy that happened to them in World Cup 2006 will not be repeated again. Don't be complacent!) there will be two matches. And two of them will be screened LIVE on RTM TV1.

7/7/10 (Wed) 2.30 p.m  LIVE SCREENING
8/7/10 (Thurs) 2.30 a.m LIVE SCREENING

Oh yes, that reminds me. I'll be registering in Kuantan at 6/7/10. So I couldn't really watch any of these two matches. Taaruf programme la! Let's hope that the match that features Germany will be aired on 8/7/10 (Thurs), 2.30 a.m. I hope I can watch it.

Third Place
I SO WANT GERMANY TO BE IN FINALS! But still, anything can happen.

11/7/10 (Sun) 2.30 a.m LIVE SCREENING

Finals!
12/7/10 (Mon) 10.00 p.m LIVE SCREENING

But oh dear, the lecture will start on Monday (of which I hope not). And the final match will be on that particular night!
My mum said I can watch it.Once in four years, right? Still remember the exact words Farahin told me 4 years ago ' Ala, tengokla. Once in four years tau. Lepas ni Ballack and Klose dah tua dah,'. Okay, then I tengok. Tengok-tengok KALAH dengan Italy. Bagus betul. -_____-

Looking back at all these schedules, ceh, macam confident je Germany ada dalam semua ni. Termasuk Quarter finals, Semi Finals and so on. Well, let's hope so.

People might wonder where did I get this 'football addiction' from. And what first initiated me to start watching and loving football. Well, it happened four years ago, when I was sixteen. NEXT POST! (Nanti-nanti kalau rajin :P )

NOTE: Perempuan memang sentiasa over bila tengok bola ataupun cerita Jepun.:P

2 comments:

fikah mus said...

sarah,cuba astro arena cenel 801.
rasanya yang tu, tak perlu subscribe menurut adik.
heeee.

Sarah said...

Hai Afi!
Haha, dh try dah. Astro Arena tu asyik tunjuk SUKMA jer.. Haih!