Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

'Taken' makes parents and teens paranoid.

So, have you watched the movie 'Taken'? I know, I'm so outdated. It's a 2008 movie and I only get to watch it this year, in 2010. But hey, it's a MUST WATCH movie. For parents, teenagers. In fact, parents and their teenage children should watch it together just like what my family did.Then parents could brainwash their children not to go out without permission, or with a friend. Seriously, I got paranoid. The movie is like..a life scenario of what's happening in real life. And so my mum went

'Tu, tengok. Tu sebab kena ikut cakap mak and abah,' my mom pointed out upon watching the gedik girl got kidnapped. And banyak lagi dia cakap, heheh. I just nodded my head.

It's about a 'gedik', bimbotic teenage girl who insisted on going to Paris together with her friend. Then they ended up getting kidnapped by the 'bapa ayam' or whosoever and be made/sold into prostitutes. So the dad had to rescue her.
    
But then,seriously. The mother in that movie is so stupid. She lets her underage teenage daughter (sixteen, I guess) to travel with a friend who's only seventeen to FRANCE. To another country! And when her ex-husband (Liam Neeson) disagree with that, saying 'You don't know the world as well as I do' as he's a preventer/spy of some sort, she went on scolding/chastising him for not being able to understand his daughter's feelings.Stupid, right? Then when she knows that her daughter got kidnapped she went on crying and begged Liam Neeson to bring her daughter back to her. .

Okay, tengok sendiri.

Call my mum overprotective or what but I am grateful that she is very protective of me and my sister. It shows that she is really concerned with our safety and well-beings. For instance, whenever I planned to go out with my friends in UIA, it is COMPULSORY for me to call her and tell her where we will be going. I will feel really guilty if I didn't tell her this. Call me 'anak emak' or what. But I have to ask for her permission whenever I wanted to go out with my friends. I don't mind that. Though I'm reaching 20 this year. Haha.
And sometimes, she didn't permit me to go out. Okay then. I'll just stay in UIA. I don't mind seriously. I trust my mother's instincts. My dad too. If we're going to the bus station by taxi at night (the bus usually arrives at 12 midnight), he asked me to text-message him the taxi's plate number.I jokingly said that I will capture a picture of the taxi driver and send MMS to him by phone. And he said 'Eh, not a bad idea!'. LOL

One day I asked my mum's permission to go for jungle tracking. Then she said 'cannot'. Okay, I also don't want to go. It turned out that every single friends of mine were bitten by at least one leech when they were there. A friend got a total of 10 leeches. Eeww. I might be an adventurous person. I went to jungle tracking, camping at the foothill of Gunung Jerai,etc but I HATE leeches. I don't want to get bitten by any of them. Full stop. Nasib baik ikut cakap emak.

I have plans to go backpacking around the world one day. But I doubt my mum would let me do that. It's so hard being a girl, right? But then, I reckon my mum wouldn't even let any of my brothers to do that. I guess. Once, my mum didn't let my bro go camping. And it turns out that ALL of his friends who went camping contracted flu when they came back from camping.
Never mind then. After all, mum knows best and I firmly believe in that.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Liam Neeson, izit?

Wah, I haven't watched it either. Sounds interesting.

And yeah, high five for telling our mothers our whereabouts!
My mom is a bit controlling too. Whenever my sister and I go out on weekends we have a 5PM curfew. Mom want us back before Maghrib. Used to resent that but not anymore. The world is getting more dangerous lately.

DIYSAR said...

I dont know who you are.I dont know what you want. If you are looking for ransosm, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills,skills I have acquireed over a very long career. Skill that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that be the end of it.I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I wil find you, and I will kill you.

perghhh quotes pling best dalam film nie hahahha

Sarah said...

@Liz. Yes, Liam Neeson done a great job playing the role of a father. (of course, he's a father himself, XD)

Yes, high five to us! Sometimes it annoys me when some friends made cynical remarks like 'Eh, nak bagitau emak jugak ke?' LOL. I don't care.I feel that it's my responsibility to tell her my whereabouts and her rights to know that. And yes, anything can happen. So, better safe than sorry =)

Sarah said...

@Rasyid

Yaay! Virtual high five Rasyid!
Quotes tu memang best. Dahla panjang. XD

fikah mus said...

to backpack around the world??
count me in,too!!

Sarah said...

@Afi

Yeah! Maybe we can go together. With other friends as well! Budget traveling *winks*

Unknown said...

sarah, I've watched diz film n thumbs up, it is really interesting.. n diz make me more aware towards people surround me.. i am too cautious until i am afraid to go the kdai runcit..(pergh alasan mls nk kua) LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I feel proud for your mother to have you as her daughter by the way you honour her even though you know she's overprotective. Sometimes along the way in life, we think so much about our own definitions of things that we forgot the kind intentions behind things we disagree.

Hope you will be blessed with more good things in life.

Sarah said...

@Fai,

Thanks for the comment.=)
Yes, you're right we should be extra careful and cautious. Being a little paranoid would be okay too.
Betul tu. Malas nak drive pegi kedai runcit ke mana2 ke. :P Tapi selalunya mak aku x bagi drive malam2. :D

Sarah said...

@Anonymous.

Thanks for the comment.I feel that it's my responsibility as her daughter to follow her advice. Of course, it's her right as my mother to know almost all about me. And I'm proud to have her as my 'overprotective' mother. XD

In my early teenage days, I was a bit rebellious but as I grow older and got matured, I finally realise that the adults know everything out there and we, the teenagers don't. After all, diorang makan garam dulu.

Thanks for the wish.Insya-Allah. Amin. Pray for me. =)

Anonymous said...

sarah,kite pn same la,nk outing kt uia kena call ma dulu,kalo x rasa takut nk outing, rase cam menipu ma je kalau outing xbgtau dia.
-hazy clsmate syidah (mls nk log in google)

Sarah said...

@Hazy, thanks for the comment again!
Yes, baguslah kalau macam tu.Kena jadi anak mithali. =D