Pages

Friday 21 August 2009

Directed by Sarah Kushairi

I wake in the dawn, to showers of light..
Moments of emptiness around~~
Floating away, with auras of hope, reality brings me...
to the ground!!!!!

Yes, I'm listening to Indecisive's Empty Decorations right now. It's the theme song for the sitcom 'Kopitiam', in case you've never heard of it.

And so, yours truly had managed to finally finished filming her first so-called 'masterpiece' at about 12 something a.m. JUST NOW!
Unfortunately for us- the crews cum actors, we are currently encountering one MAJOR problem. Which is...

The whole video is more than TEN MINUTES!

Well, like..I mean, why did they limit the time to only TEN MINUTES?
It's a MOVIE! Not an advertisement! Even the advertisements in the TV took longer time compared to our pathetic over-than-10-minutes SHORT movie.
I fully understand that it is being called as SHORT MOVIE. But it seems preposterous to actually considering something that takes time from 5-10 minutes as a REAL MOVIE.

A movie should contain the introduction, the climax, the conclusion. And a good plot. Not to say mine is good but yeah, why should you limit the time to only 10 minutes?
And so, the four of us( Syidah, Soul, Syau and I) did our best to cut off, cut off and keep on cutting off some selected clips. And the result is remarkably boring! The movie that we were once proud of has now become a TRAILER! Yes, you know? Just like in the TV? The trailer for Harry Potter, Spiderman, where everything is not in order. That event suddenly leads to this..A trailer la! Not a movie!
We had to cut some interesting and IMPORTANTE parts just to fulfill the requirements. And the message that we're trying to convey to the audience is lost. POOF!

And so, I strongly suggest that the Creative Club SHOULD change the competition's name to 'Movie Trailers competition' or even ' Ramadhan Advertisements competition', rather than 'Short Movie Competition'.
I've been sending messages to one of the committees for the respective club but apparently, she's having a meeting right now. And that she will inform me when the meeting's over. And urrmm, yeah. It's 2.02 a.m right now. So, do the math.

I really hope that they will compensate at LEAST, a minute extra! We have to do the slide transitions, the title and credits some more. HOHOHOHO.
And yes, them calling themselves 'CREATIVE CLUB'? Why should they LIMIT our creativity? By only allocating a mere TEN minutes for a short movie?

Anyway, I don't care whether we'll win or not. As I've said before, we're doing it for fun and experience!
Making movies is a really fun and interesting thing to do! Though you might feel a bit lethargic, it doesn't matters when the whole thing is completed and the final result is achieved. And I learned new ways on how to control the camera, shooting at appropriate angles, how to direct people, how to learn from others. Though I'm the director, I DO take others' opinions into considerations. That's how we cooperate with each other. That's how we learn new things. By giving and taking advices and even accepting criticisms.

And so, Insya-Allah I will post the completed movie here in this blog. But it will not be the same as the one that I will be sending to the competition. I will further edit the movie according to my own interest and taste, inserting some sound effects and musics, even adjusting the video quality.

Right now, I don't have all those sound effects collections. I don't have enough time to search for them and download them from the internet. We are students. We are quite busy with other things. Syidah and Soul, for instance, had to attend replacement classes for this whole week! And that we have to complete our abundant amount of workloads and that include tutorials and assignments. And that we have to study for upcoming quizzes.

By even completing this movie can be considered as a great achievement already. LOL. What's with the sentence? Haha. Whatever. I'm sleepy already.

Maybe Insya-Allah, I will continue writing and directing and producing my own movies and even a mini series. Maybe it'll become one of my hobbies. And I will post them in this blog. Insya-Allah. I'm just an ordinary human being who planned things, but Allah's the one who decides over those plans.

Anyway,by completing this movie, I can show it off to Syafiq(my brother) and brag about it. LOL. He's really good in making movies and animations. This in a way will show him, and my whole family members that I, Sarah Kushairi is also CAPABLE in doing stuffs GUYS normally do!You know la, living in a family which most of them are males! Three younger brothers, father. Even my ONLY SISTER in this world is quite tomboy-ish. But that doesn't make me a demure and a ladylike person, LOL. My mum often praised my brother for his great motor skills, logical skills( He learned how to solve the Rubik's cube numerous times by just watching it from the internet! And even formulating his own formulae!), awesome skills in repairing electrical items (he is a boy, what do you expect?).
Oh yeah, I haven't told them about this movie thing. Let it be a surprise...;P

Maybe I'll write a new script and make a short movie together with my siblings. Insya-Allah.

No comments: