Pages

Saturday 11 April 2009

I had an adventure, again!

(map of UIA PJ. You can estimate the distance that I have gone through. Click to enlarge)
It's difficult to separate Sarah Kushairi with adventures/mishaps/incidents that happened in her daily life, huh? LOL.
Only just now, I had quite an adventure. Well, for me, that is.
Just because I firmly hold on to my principle of not being a procrastinator, bad things happened to me just now. Oops, adventures! Though I'm quite exhausted right now, deep inside me, I am happy to experience all that I've experienced about 1 hour ago.
Recapping: Tasks this weekend
1. Laundry
2. Bio Lab reports
3.MUET practices -well, studying is a continuous process. You got to practice till the end.
4. Computer -not yet, hohoho
5. print the computer assignment THE DEADLIEST TASK OF ALL!!!

Of course, I don't want to wait until tomorrow to print out the assignment. I don't want to procrastinate! Firstly, I thought of printing it at somebody's room, who offered colour printing service at a very reasonable price of 50 cent! Unfortunately, as I made my way there, the room is dark, indicating that the occupants are away. Cannot procrastinate! My heart said. And so, about 10 something p.m just now, I put on my black jubah over my caftan and went down to the cyber cafe. I switched off the light, everything and I accidentally locked my door without taking the key with me! BLOODY!
Okay, relax Sarah. I quickly went to the C.C. Syuda was there. To my dissapointment, she said that there is no colour printing service in the C.C. Alamak. I went to the guard post of Mahallah Zainab Jahsy. Mak cik Guard was not there! Pergi merayau mana makcik guard ni???

I went to Mdm Asmeza's house. To my dissapointment (again), she said that she didn't hold the key. The key is with Miss Hartini! WHAT???!!! And she asked me to go to the Guard Post near CIMB to get the key. WTH, Next to ABC???

And so, I went there, together with a one ringgit note and my thumbdrive. I was wearing slippers at first and hastily changed to shoes. I walked down the stairs, passing through Busana, Administration Building and all the way through AMF Hall. It was a cold night and I shivered even when I wore 2 layers of clothes. Besides, CFS looks creepy at night.

TO MY DISMAY, Darling Pak Cik Guard was not there! Why pak cik guard likes to wander around huh? Isn't it someone's duty to sit quietly in the guard post??? I waited there for a couple of minutes. Sheesh.. Okay, never mind. I decided to go back to ZC to see whether Mak Cik Guard tersayang is there or not. And I have to climb up the stairs again! Ahh.. Mak Cik Guard tersayang still wasn't there!

I waited in the C.C with Syuda and told her about my 'adventures'. She said that the PLAZA C.C is open till midnight and is the ONLY C.C that has OpenOffice software. Okay fine. I went to the Plaza C.C. Got one guy in charge. Guess what, I only brought one ringgit note and the colour printing service is a bloody TWO RINGGIT!!!

Slightly abashed, I told that guy that I didn't bring enough money and I'll go back to get it. He just grinned sarcastically, WTH.

And off, from the Plaza, I had to climb 3 flights of stairs to get back to ZC C.C and borrowed money from Syuda. And went back to the Plaza again. I'm exhausted!

That was like, 8 times already- 4 times going up, 4 times going down. Midnight Marathon, LOL.

And on my way back to ZC, I've decided to try my luck to see whether the pakcik guard of ABC is there or not. But somehow, it doesn't make sense. Why would Mdm asked me to go and see the Pak Cik guard and ask for ZC's room key? I saw him all right, from a distance and I chased after the beloved pak cik guard, afraid that I'm never going to see him again (LOL).

I greeted the Pak Cik guard, gasping and telling him about my problem.

Just like what I had predicted. HE HAS NO BLOODY ZC'S KEY!!! Well, that's kind of obvious, right? What if the guys stole ZC's key from the guard post and intrude into the girl's hostel? That would have been surreal right?

And off, with a bloody sense of dissapointment and still a bit thrill for having to undergo these adventures, I went up the stairs to ZC (again). Mak cik guard is not there. I slipped my assignment under my room's door and waited downstairs. I walked to and fro around the guard post. My legs got really sore and I waited patiently at the cafe's chair, and at the stone chair in front of the office.

Feeling really tired, I went up to the TV area and I reckoned that I was going to spend the whole night waiting for Mak Cik Guard. Ummu approached me and I told her everything that happened. Both of us laughed. We even talked about Hana Yori Dango Final.

And suddenly, the greatest music I have ever heard

ding dong ding

" Perhatian kepada penghuni-penghuni level satu, bilik 111B, anda dikehendaki menutup aurat dengan sempurna kerana technician akan datang ke sana,"

Yes, dearest mak cik guard is in her office. Finally! I went there and asked for key. She looked mad. Mak cik guards are trained to make the student feel inferior towards them. Not me, though.

" Mak cik, saya nak kunci. Kunci tertinggal,"
" Jadi?" she asked like tak ada apa-apa yang terjadi.
" Kunci saya tertinggal dalam bilikla makcik! " and grinned.
" Asyik tertinggal aje!"
"Mak cik, ni baru first time la!!" (grinned)
" Budak-budak Aisyah tak tinggal pun,"
"Lah, sorrylah makcik!" I said and grinned.
" Nah, amik ni," she gave me the log book.
"Okay," I merrily said. (And grinned). Nak approach makcik guard ni kena sentiasa grin. Baru sejuk sikit hati diorang :P

" While writing my name, I babbled about how I got to go down to the ABC guard post, because Madam Asmeza told me to do so, bla-bla-bla.
and Makcik guard said " Kenapa tak mintak kat principal?"

" Madam takde kunci,"
"Macam mana pulak madam takde kunci? Dia sepatutnya kena pegang kunci office mahallah,"
" Dia bagi kunci kat Miss Hartini," I replied.
" Sepatutnya Mdm kena tolong student amik kunci. Budak ZC melampau sangat kot, asyik tertinggal kunci je,"
I just ignored her. Apa-apalah makcik.
And she saw me clutching my thumbdrive.
"Ni bawak apa ni?"
" Pendrive. Tadi saya nak pergi C.C nak print tapi tertinggal kunci," I grinned helplessly again.
And I saw the makcik's once stern feature slowly curved into a small smile.

"Ni, tak bawak apa-apa ni?"
" Huh? Bawak apa? Tak," I was confused with her question.
" Matric card?"
" Tak,"
" Handphone?"
"Tak," I said lamely.

"Habis tu kamu nak bagi apa kat mak cik? Nanti kamu bawak lari kunci," (she didn't exactly say this but those other students usually took a long time to return back the key to the office. And the mak cik guard had to make announcement, figuratively 'begging' them to return the keys back to her. Bloody those students!)
hek eleh makcik. Macam orang nak sangat.
" Okaylah, makcik amik ni," I put my thumbdrive on her table.

And she curved a small smile again.

" Cepat sikit!"
"Okay, terima kasih makcik!"
I went upstairs to my room, opened the door,
ARGHHH!!!!
I accidentally stepped on my assignment! I FORGOT that I slipped it through my door!
I quickly put my gigantic Campbell's Biology Book over it. Ok, it's ok now.
I went downstairs, gave back the key to her. FUHHH!!!
And I am typing this.

I once said to Syidah " Isn't it great if we experienced lots of adventures like what we saw on TV?"
Well, though it's not really an adventure to those who are reading this, it IS an adventure for me.
I'm looking forward for more adventures! Please!
Like, small crimes? And solving them? Kidnap case? Hoho, I got influenced by Matsumoto Jun's character in Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo.

Well, vowing not to procrastinate is really good. But to the extent of troubling yourself, it's not worth it. After all, 3 more days till the due date. Huhu.
Plus, I was alone, at night! No one accompanied me. It's cool. Being alone added to the thrill and adventure! Haha. Jem asked where's my roommate? Jem sayang, my roomie went back home. If she's here, then I wouldn't have gone through all these. LOL

That's all from me. I hope you enjoy my story.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I. SIMPLY. CANNOT. STOP. LAUGHING!

Sarah said...

WAH, I'M TOUCHED!
ARIGATO! HAHAHA
:D :D :D