Pages

Saturday 25 April 2009

MUET-O

Just finished the three parts of the MUET exam. Reading Comprehension,Writing and Listening.
Oh, seriously, it wasn't just difficult, IT WAS HARD!!!
I can tolerate reading comprehension though, as the questions are a bit 'answerable' compared to the exercises I've done in the book. But goodness knows whether the answers chosen are the correct ones. Hopefully. :)

Estimation: Band 5.
(Like, seriously? I can get Band 5 if I get at least 10 wrong answers, I supposed, huhu. Memandai aje)

As for the writing part. Ermm. I think that will blow my chance of getting Band 5. The first section was OK. I described the two figures using sentences like ' significant increase', 'relatively stable', 'declined steadily,' etc. The thing I'm afraid is that it might be a bit long. I did one and a half page. And it's not supposed to be more than 200 words. I can't help it! *smile weakly*But it was due to the cancellations I did on some parts of the paper and maybe it is because of my big handwritings. I don't know. Hopefully the examiner will be lenient. Huhu.
The second section is about ICT. The question went on something like this. ICT is the main cause of social ills. What are your opinions?
I strongly opposed the statement of course, backing my own stand with three points.
But then, the clock was ticking and I didn't really have enough time to construct coherent, impressive sentences and just went off writing whatever that came into my head. So, it's not really good. Considering the time pressure. Only one and a half hours? Get real! But I did check for grammar mistakes though. And managed to change them all in the bloody 10 minutes time.
And I did insert some idioms for extra marks, LOL.

Estimation: Band 4


The third and final part of the day was the listening section. Quite contrary to the reading comprehension part, I feel that the real test is a bit difficult compared to the exercises I've done, where the answers given are quite direct.
This, however, turned out to be almost horrendous, particularly on the first section. Which is an interview with the bloody so-called director of Angkasawan program.
I seriously can't figure out the answers to TWO questions. Err, ONE, actually. I know the answer for the first one, but not really sure with the sentence structure, LOL. And so, I just hentam-ed the second question, of which I totally didn't have any clue. The second part is the best. I hope I get all of them correct. The third part was a bit tricky. But I managed to catch some words from the tape. And just fill in the blanks with the words, with appropriate sentence structure, of course. Listening MUET is harder compared to EPT though the tape is played twice. The answers given(from the tape) are not parallel with the sentence of the questions, and thus you have to paraphrase it to make it coherent.

Estimation: Band 4.5 LOL

Trying to be optimistic of course. I'm still aiming for BAND 5! Well, when you scored low band for your MUET, it doesn't mean that you are not good in English. Being good in something, English particularly, is a subjective matter. And it also depends on the definition of 'being good'.
Well at least, I didn't have to repeat my EPT in the first semester. And I was the only student in my class and one of the eight students in Level 6 English who scored a solid A. And my GCE-O Level is A1. Those achievements in English are considered, OK. Not bragging. Just consoling myself, LOL. MUET, you know? The possibility of getting Band 4 and below? Hohoho.
So, MUET is not that important, seriously. It's more like a personal achievement. I salute those who scored Band 6. They are really good. And they have HIGH level of English proficiency. I'm sure that those exempted students like Bun, Julia, Amiirah and Hannah are able to get Band 6.
Well, good luck.

I'm not giving up though. I will still strive my best for MUET speaking. Getting at least Band 5. Huhuhu. Well, that's all from me.

P/S. Just finished reading Ramlee Awang Murshid's Hijab Sang Pencinta. IT WAS BRILLIANT! HE IS BRILLIANT! In fact, I regard him as the most brilliant author in Malaysia. You just got to read his books. Though the ending is quite sad. It really touched my heart. Laksamana Sunan died and it was the time where Portuguese invaded Malacca. You just got to read it to understand the feeling. Hoho.
That's all. Seriously.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG WTF YOU READ HIJAB SANG PENCINTA ALSO KE????i've read all 3:
bagaikan puteri, cinta sang ratu and hijab sang pencinta

the story's awesome!

long before i fell for edward cullen, i was in love with Saifuddin Jalis ;)

Sarah said...

Yeah, haha.
I've read Cinta Sang Ratu and Hijab Sang Pencinta.
Wanna read Bagaikan Puteri someday, huhu.Yeah, Saifuddin Jalis is the PERFECT icon for men..