Pages

Monday 20 April 2009

KL Book Fair

Today, Syidah, Hazie and I went to KL Book Fair in PWTC. It was a bloody exhausting and lethargic experience. And yeah, it was the first time I've ever taken a public bus as a medium of transportation *grins sheepishly*. Yes, I've never taken a bus before. My mum used to drive me here and there. So?

There were a lot of things going on. We got lost in the labyrinth of books, searching for the way out with the immense feeling of thirst, hunger and not to mention, aching feet. We were tensed up, frustrated and tired.

I searched for the MALAY novels that I wanted to have in the 'Alaf 21' booth. I do read Malay novels. Even my friends couldn't believe it. Who are they? To name a few. Syidah, Hazie, Fizah, Aishah, Wan, Siti. Surprised? No? Do I have the 'I only read English books/novels' written on my forehead? I'm an open minded person. I believe that one person shouldn't restrict his/her reading habit towards some categories and genres only. Support your local authors and their books!
For example. I read English novels. Malay novels. Informative books. Motivational books. COMICS like Ujang and Apo? I used to read 'Lanun'. Japanese mangas. BLOGS!!!! :D, magazines, newspapers (tabloids included), etc.
I read everything! I love ALL reading materials and I have a very wide reading scope. I can'tstand it when someone said " Oh, I don't read comics. They're a waste of time," OH, WTH. Be open mindedla dude!

I got my supply of comics (borrowed them, la) from Fizah. Hoho. She enticed me into reading Japanese mangas.

Anyway, I digress. :P

Judging by what I saw in the book fair, of which it was crowded with thousands of people, I can say that Malaysians do love to read. What's with the negative statement saying 'Malaysians don't read much?'

I bought two novels earlier. One is from Creative Enterprise. I purchased it at a bargain price of RM5!!!! And the original price is RM15.90. Imagine, I saved almost RM11!!!

And the second one is from Alaf 21.
As for the third one...Oho, I bought this unexpectedly and impulsively.

Syidah went to the Alaf 21 booth on the ground floor to get an autograph of Siti Rosmizah, a very talented author cum lawyer. She bought Siti Rosmizah's book just before that.

As for me, I was still searching for the books. I got tired and frustrated. The books were not there!

And suddenly, I heard the squeaky and giggly voice of a secondary school girl

" Eheehehehehe. Ramlee Awang Murshid laaaa!!!!"

WHAT? I turned my head dramatically and saw a guy sitting by the table, his back facing me, signing something.

"Eheheheheheheh. Nak beli la buku dia,"

Oh, this can't be! I must get his autograph too! And so, I quickly grabbed a copy of 'Hijab Sang Pencinta', (I've read the prequel and it is AWESOME!!!), purchased it and brought it to the table.
I just looked at him with an indescribable facial expression. He smiled and said
" Assalamualaikum, adik,"
" Huh? Waalaikummussalam,"

He asked my name and signed his autograph on the book. HIS AUTOGRAPH!!!! Anyway, he is quite good looking (for a father figure, I mean). :)

I was speechless. I didn't even wear the appropriate facial expression on my face. Shocked? Surprised? Happy? Might be...

And he handed the book to the guy besides him. The guy put a sticker on the book.

Ramlee Awang Murshid said " Kalau ada masa, tengoklah laman web tu," (You can surf the web address given if you've got time)

I was grinning like a pompous idiot.
" Terima kasih," I said and still grinning. (Thank you)
" Sama-sama," he replied. (You're welcome) and smiled.
I went running and hopping after that, and bumped into Hazie.
Hazie said " Wah, seronok nampak!" (You looked happy!)
I replied nonchalantly " Mesti laaaa," (Of course)

WTH SARAH, you've forgotten to take his picture! WTH ! WTH! WTH! Oh well, tak ada rezeki...

Okay, here it is. The EVIDENCE!!!!



(Love the cover!!!!! :D)
:D

Anyway, my mum would have been happy because I have collected 6 book receipts for her. She wants them for the purpose of claiming the income tax, whatever that is. LOL.

Okay, the total amount I've spent.

1. Transportation- RM6.00
2. Books- RM 39.00. You can get THREE LOCAL BOOKS for the price of ONE Cecelia Ahern's or one Stephenie Meyer's book!
3. Drink - RM 1.00. We bought the tasteless 'cincau' drink by the roadside. The price of foods and drinks in PWTC are freaking expensive. One soft drink for RM 6???? No way Jose.

Total: RM 46.00! YAHOO!!! Less than RM 50.00!!!!

Next time, Syidah and I planned to go to Mid Valley and watch movie. We called it 'Budget Plan'.
We have to stuff our stomach with food from ZC Cafe first. Bring mineral water and only RM 10.
1. Transportation: RM 2.00
2. Movie Ticket: Maximum RM 8.00.
So, the maximum amount we're gonna spend is RM 10.00! Yes!!! Our main purpose is to just watch the movie. Nothing else. The movie'd better be good...

I spent almost RM 80.00 in Mid Valley a few weeks ago. No clothes.
Just
1. Books (again!) and CLEO.
2. Food
3. Toiletries.
4. Transport

And I have plans of going to National Zoo too! Hohohoho. I've never been there before. How pathetic. :(

2 comments:

farah said...

wanna go to the national zoo???
OMG!!! can i go wif u sarah..
plize...
plize....
i really wanted to go there but nobody wanna accompany me...
may i???
plize....
=)

Sarah said...

Hoho, OK.
You can ask the others to come along too.
The more the merrier! =)
I'll plan something about it. Hahaha